Affiliation: Orebro University Hospital
- IL23R in the Swedish, Finnish, Hungarian and Italian populations: association with IBD and psoriasis, and linkage to celiac diseaseElisabet Einarsdottir
Department of Medical Genetics, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Med Genet 10:8. 2009..IL23R also associates with psoriasis, suggesting that the gene may be an important candidate for many chronic inflammatory diseases...
- Inflammatory bowel disease in a Swedish twin cohort: a long-term follow-up of concordance and clinical characteristicsJonas Halfvarson
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, S 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Gastroenterology 124:1767-73. 2003..The aim of the current study was to follow up these twins regarding new cases of inflammatory bowel disease and Crohn's disease characteristics using the Vienna classification...
- Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies in twins with inflammatory bowel diseaseJ Halfvarson
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro 70185, Sweden
Gut 54:1237-43. 2005..Whether ASCA is a familial trait due to genetic factors or is caused by exposure to environmental factors is unknown. To assess the genetic influence of ASCA we studied its occurrence in a twin population...
- CARD15/NOD2 polymorphisms do not explain concordance of Crohn's disease in Swedish monozygotic twinsJ Halfvarson
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Dig Liver Dis 37:768-72. 2005..CARD15/NOD2 polymorphisms are associated with Crohn's disease. There is a high concordance for disease and disease phenotype in monozygotic twin pairs with Crohn's disease...
- Environmental factors in inflammatory bowel disease: a co-twin control study of a Swedish-Danish twin populationJonas Halfvarson
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Inflamm Bowel Dis 12:925-33. 2006..Genetics and environmental factors are implicated in the etiology of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). We studied environmental factors in a population-based Swedish-Danish twin cohort using the co-twin control method...
- Longitudinal concordance for clinical characteristics in a Swedish-Danish twin population with inflammatory bowel diseaseJonas Halfvarson
Department of Internal Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Inflamm Bowel Dis 13:1536-44. 2007..We therefore aimed to study longitudinal concordance for clinical characteristics and longitudinal stability using the Montreal Classification in an IBD twin population...
- Genetics in twins with Crohn's disease: less pronounced than previously believed?Jonas Halfvarson
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:6-12. 2011..The aims were to establish reliable concordance rates and compare phenotypic characteristics in concordant and discordant monozygotic pairs, anticipating the former reflects a genetically determined subgroup...
- Smoking is a risk factor for recurrence of intestinal stricture after endoscopic dilation in Crohn's diseaseA Gustavsson
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 37:430-7. 2013..Endoscopic balloon dilation is an efficacious and safe alternative to surgery as treatment of short intestinal strictures in Crohn's disease (CD). Factors predicting outcome of the procedure are not well described...
- Infliximab as rescue therapy in hospitalised patients with steroid-refractory acute ulcerative colitis: a long-term follow-up of 211 Swedish patientsM Sjoberg
School of Health and Medical Sciences, Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 38:377-87. 2013..Rescue therapy with infliximab (IFX) has been proven effective in a steroid-refractory attack of ulcerative colitis (UC). The long-term efficacy is not well described...
- Endoscopic dilation is an efficacious and safe treatment of intestinal strictures in Crohn's diseaseA Gustavsson
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 36:151-8. 2012..Bowel strictures are a major cause of morbidity, hospitalisation and surgery in Crohn's disease...
- Long-term colectomy rate after intensive intravenous corticosteroid therapy for ulcerative colitis prior to the immunosuppressive treatment eraAnders Gustavsson
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2513-9. 2007..The long-term prognosis in this patient group is not well described. We studied the long-term colectomy and relapse rates in patients given intensive intravenous corticosteroid treatment (IIVT) for acute UC...
- Molecular analysis of the gut microbiota of identical twins with Crohn's diseaseJohan Dicksved
Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
ISME J 2:716-27. 2008..However, CD is associated with dramatic changes in the gut microbiota and this was particularly evident for individuals with ileal CD...
- Detection of antisynthetic mannoside antibodies (ASigmaMA) reveals heterogeneity in the ASCA response of Crohn's disease patients and contributes to differential diagnosis, stratification, and predictionPeggy Vandewalle-El Khoury
INSERM, U799, Lille, France
Am J Gastroenterol 103:949-57. 2008....