- Unaltered plasma levels of beta-amyloid(1-40) and beta-amyloid(1-42) upon stimulation of human plateletsAnnika Olsson
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Experimental Neuroscience Section, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Molndal, Molndal, Sweden
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 16:93-7. 2003..We found that the levels of Abeta(40/42) in plasma were not related to platelet activation, suggesting that sampling techniques affecting platelet activation do not confound measurement of Abeta(40/42 )in plasma...
- Measurement of alpha- and beta-secretase cleaved amyloid precursor protein in cerebrospinal fluid from Alzheimer patientsAnnika Olsson
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Experimental Neuroscience Section, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Molndal, Sweden
Exp Neurol 183:74-80. 2003..Neither the levels of CSF-beta-sAPP nor CSF-Abeta(42) differed when comparing ApoE4 allele-positive with allele-negative individuals...
- Marked increase of beta-amyloid(1-42) and amyloid precursor protein in ventricular cerebrospinal fluid after severe traumatic brain injuryAnnika Olsson
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience Section, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Molndal, SE 43180, Sweden
J Neurol 251:870-6. 2004..The unchanged level of plasma-Abeta(1-42) in contrast to the marked increase in VCSF-Abeta(1-42) after severe TBI, supports the suggestion that plasma Abeta(1-42) does not reflect Abeta metabolism in the central nervous system (CNS)...
- Simultaneous measurement of beta-amyloid(1-42), total tau, and phosphorylated tau (Thr181) in cerebrospinal fluid by the xMAP technologyAnnika Olsson
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Molndal, Sweden
Clin Chem 51:336-45. 2005....
- Treatment with simvastatin in patients with Alzheimer's disease lowers both alpha- and beta-cleaved amyloid precursor proteinMagnus Sjogren
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Molndal, SE 431 80 Molndal, Sweden
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 16:25-30. 2003..The ADAS-cog score was slightly increased (p < 0.05). The results suggest that simvastatin acts directly on the processing of APP by inhibiting both the alpha- and the beta-secretase pathways...
- Redistribution of neurofilaments and accumulation of beta-amyloid protein after brain injury by rotational acceleration of the headAnders Hamberger
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurotrauma 20:169-78. 2003..Regions of importance for social behavior, memory and body movement were affected...
- Amino-truncated beta-amyloid42 peptides in cerebrospinal fluid and prediction of progression of mild cognitive impairmentHugo Vanderstichele
Innogenetics NV, Gent, Belgium
Clin Chem 51:1650-60. 2005..We evaluated whether different beta-amyloid(42) (Abeta42) peptides can add further information to the combined use of tau and Abeta1-42 for predicting risk of progression of MCI to AD...