- Postnatal oxytocin alleviates adverse effects in adult rat offspring caused by maternal malnutritionHanna Olausson
Division of Nutrition, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Linkoping University, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 284:E475-80. 2003..In contrast to more severe food restriction, a moderate general food restriction during gestation had no effect on blood pressure in the offspring...
- Maternal serum concentrations of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF binding protein-1 before and during pregnancy in relation to maternal body weight and composition and infant birth weightHanna Olausson
Division of Nutrition, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Br J Nutr 104:842-8. 2010..11-0.12, P = 0.105-0.121). These results suggest mechanisms by which the IGF system may be a mediator between maternal nutritional status and fetal growth...
- Body fat, insulin resistance, energy expenditure and serum concentrations of leptin, adiponectin and resistin before, during and after pregnancy in healthy Swedish womenBritt Eriksson
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Br J Nutr 103:50-7. 2010..This effect, possibly mediated by leptin, may represent a mechanism by which offspring size is regulated in response to the nutritional situation of the mother...
- Changes in basal metabolic rate during pregnancy in relation to changes in body weight and composition, cardiac output, insulin-like growth factor I, and thyroid hormones and in relation to fetal growthMarie Lof
Division of Nutrition, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery Clinic, Linkoping, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 81:678-85. 2005..The total energy cost of pregnancy is largely due to an elevated basal metabolic rate (BMR). Large variations in the BMR response to pregnancy have been reported, but the factors associated with this variability are incompletely known...
- Maternal body composition in relation to infant birth weight and subcutaneous adipose tissueElisabet Forsum
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Nutrition, University of Linkoping, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Br J Nutr 96:408-14. 2006..The maternal TBF content is likely to be important for the recent increase in birth weight. This factor probably causes a general augmentation in fetal growth rather than a specific stimulation of adipose tissue growth...
- Oxytocin treatment during early life influences reproductive performance in ad libitum fed and food-restricted female ratsAnnica Sohlstrom
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Nutrition, University of Linkoping, Sweden
Biol Neonate 81:132-8. 2002..In conclusion, postnatal oxytocin treatment influences reproductive performance in later life but is dependent on the mother's previous and current nutritional experience...
- Changes in bone mineral status and bone size during pregnancy and the influences of body weight and calcium intakeHanna Olausson
MRC Human Nutrition Research, Elsie Widdowson Laboratory, Cambridge, UK
Am J Clin Nutr 88:1032-9. 2008..Calcium may be mobilized from the maternal skeleton during pregnancy, which may be influenced by several factors...