- High incidence of deep venous thrombosis after Achilles tendon rupture: a prospective studyKatarina Nilsson-Helander
Department of Orthopaedics, Kungsbacka Hospital, Gamla Göteborgsvägen, Kungsbacka 434 40, Sweden
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17:1234-8. 2009..The incidence of asymptomatic and symptomatic deep venous thrombosis is high after Achilles tendon rupture and there is a need to define the possible benefit of thromboprophylaxis...
- Acute achilles tendon rupture: a randomized, controlled study comparing surgical and nonsurgical treatments using validated outcome measuresKatarina Nilsson-Helander
Katarina Nilsson Helander, Department of Orthopaedics, Kungsbacka Hospital, SE 434 40 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Am J Sports Med 38:2186-93. 2010..Few randomized controlled studies have compared outcomes after surgical or nonsurgical treatment with both groups receiving early mobilization...
- The Achilles tendon Total Rupture Score (ATRS): development and validationKatarina Nilsson-Helander
Lundberg Laboratory for Orthopaedic Research, Department of Orthopaedics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Sweden
Am J Sports Med 35:421-6. 2007..There is a need for a patient-relevant instrument to evaluate outcome after treatment in patients with a total Achilles tendon rupture...
- A new surgical method to treat chronic ruptures and reruptures of the Achilles tendonKatarina Nilsson-Helander
Department of Orthopaedics, Kungsbacka Hospital, Goteborg University, Gamla Göteborgsvägen, 434 40, Kungsbacka, Sweden
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:614-20. 2008..The use of a single incision in combination with a free flap augmentation produced favourable results...
- Major functional deficits persist 2 years after acute Achilles tendon ruptureNicklas Olsson
Department of Orthopaedics, Institute of Clinical Sciences at Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:1385-93. 2011..The focus was to evaluate whether any improvements occurred between the one and 2-year evaluation...
- A new measurement of heel-rise endurance with the ability to detect functional deficits in patients with Achilles tendon ruptureKarin Gravare Silbernagel
Department of Orthopaedics, Institute of Clinical Sciences at Sahlgrenska Academy, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:258-64. 2010....