Affiliation: National Veterinary Institute
- Confirmation of botulism in birds and cattle by the mouse bioassay and Endopep-MSMikael Hedeland
National Veterinary Institute SVA, Department of Chemistry, Environment and Feed Hygiene, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
J Med Microbiol 60:1299-305. 2011..This is the first step of a cross-validation between the established mouse bioassay and the Endopep-MS of serotypes BoNT/C1 and /C1D. Endopep-MS is concluded to have potential as an attractive alternative to the mouse bioassay...
- Simultaneous quantification of the enantiomers of verapamil and its N-demethylated metabolite in human plasma using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryMikael Hedeland
Section of Drug Analysis, Department of Chemistry, National Veterinary Institute SVA, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 804:303-11. 2004..S.D. in the range of 3.6-7.8%. The presented method was successfully applied to an in vivo intestinal absorption and bioavailability study in humans, using the Loc-I-Gut method...
- Structural elucidation of N-oxidized clemastine metabolites by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry and the use of Cunninghamella elegans to facilitate drug metabolite identificationAnnica Tevell Aberg
Department of Chemistry, Environment and Feed Hygiene, National Veterinary Institute SVA, Uppsala, Sweden
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 24:1447-56. 2010..By MS(n) fragmentation it was concluded that two of the hydroxylated metabolites were oxidized on the methylpyrridyl moiety, one on the aromatic ring with the chloro substituent, and one on the aromatic ring without the chlorine...
- In vitro formation of phase I and II metabolites of propranolol and determination of their structures using chemical derivatization and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryMatilda Lampinen Salomonsson
Division of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Uppsala University, Biomedical Centre, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Mass Spectrom 44:742-54. 2009....
- First-pass effects of verapamil on the intestinal absorption and liver disposition of fexofenadine in the porcine modelNiclas Petri
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Box 580, SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Drug Metab Dispos 34:1182-9. 2006..In this model the E(H) values for both verapamil and antipyrine were similar to the corresponding values in vivo in humans...
- St John's wort decreases the bioavailability of R- and S-verapamil through induction of the first-pass metabolismChrister Tannergren
Department of Pharmacy and Division of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Deparment of Medicinal Chemistry, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:298-309. 2004..This effect is caused by induction of first-pass CYP3A4 metabolism, most likely in the gut, because the jejunal permeability and the terminal half-life were unchanged for both enantiomers...
- Multiple transport mechanisms involved in the intestinal absorption and first-pass extraction of fexofenadineChrister Tannergren
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Pharmacol Ther 74:423-36. 2003..The most plausible mechanism is either decreased organic anion transporting polypeptide-mediated sinusoidal uptake or P-glycoprotein-mediated canalicular secretion of fexofenadine, or both...
- Biliary secretion of rosuvastatin and bile acids in humans during the absorption phaseEbba Bergman
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, P.O. Box 580, SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Pharm Sci 29:205-14. 2006..This intestinal perfusion technique offers a successful way to estimate the biliary secretion for drugs, metabolites and endogenous substances during the absorption phase in healthy volunteers...
- Development of a chiral non-aqueous capillary electrophoretic system using the partial filling technique with UV and mass spectrometric detectionHenrik Lodén
Division of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Uppsala University, Biomedical Centre, Box 574, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 986:143-52. 2003..The separated enantiomers of pronethalol were detected by a Q-TOF MS system equipped with a sheath-flow electrospray ionization interface...
- Chiral separation of amines with N-benzoxycarbonylglycyl-L-proline as selector in non-aqueous capillary electrophoresis using methanol and 1,2-dichloroethane in the background electrolyteYlva Hedeland
Division of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biomedical Centre, Uppsala University, Box 574, SE- 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 984:261-71. 2003..2%) compared to the systems containing dichloromethane. An enantiomeric separation of mepivacaine was performed within 72 s by use of short-end injection with an effective capillary length of 8.5 cm...