Affiliation: National Veterinary Institute
- Phylogenetic analysis of the non-structural (NS) gene of influenza A viruses isolated from mallards in Northern Europe in 2005Siamak Zohari
National Veterinary Institute, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Public Health, Uppsala, Sweden
Virol J 5:147. 2008....
- Molecular characterization of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza viruses isolated in Sweden in 2006Istvan Kiss
Joint Research and Development Division in Virology of the National Veterinary Institute SVA and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, and Department of Biomedical Sciences and Public Health, Uppsala, Sweden
Virol J 5:113. 2008..In order to complete the information on their genetic features and relation to other HP H5N1 AIVs the seven additional genes of twelve Swedish isolates were amplified in full length, sequenced, and characterized...
- Simultaneous genotyping of all hemagglutinin and neuraminidase subtypes of avian influenza viruses by use of padlock probesPeter Gyarmati
Joint Research and Development Division, Department of Virology, National Veterinary Institute and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Ulls Väg 2B, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
J Clin Microbiol 46:1747-51. 2008..Testing of heterologous pathogens verified the specificity of the assay. This assay is a convenient and practical tool for the study of AIVs, providing important HA and NA data more rapidly than conventional methods...
- Microarray-based molecular detection of foot-and-mouth disease, vesicular stomatitis and swine vesicular disease viruses, using padlock probesJohan Baner
Joint Research and Development Division, Department of Virology, The National Veterinary Institute and the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Ulls Väg 2B, SE 75189 Uppsala, Sweden
- Universal detection of hepatitis E virus by two real-time PCR assays: TaqMan and Primer-Probe Energy TransferPeter Gyarmati
Joint R and D Division, Department of Virology, The National Veterinary Institute and Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, S 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
J Virol Methods 146:226-35. 2007..In basic research the methods provide new tools to study HEV biology, including virus-host interactions and transmission between various host species...
- Genetic characterization of the NS gene indicates co-circulation of two sub-lineages of highly pathogenic avian influenza virus of H5N1 subtype in Northern Europe in 2006Siamak Zohari
Department of Virology, Joint Research and Development in Virology, National Veterinary Institute SVA, Ulls Väg 2B, 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
Virus Genes 36:117-25. 2008..Sub-lineage I isolates contained unique substitutions V194I in NS1 and G63E in Nuclear export protein (NEP)...