- Intensive cognitive behavioural group treatment for social phobia: a pilot studyEwa Mörtberg
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Cogn Behav Ther 34:41-9. 2005..Of the patients in the study, 85% were taking a prescribed drug, and 70% had taken medication for at least 1 year before they entered the treatment. At 1-year follow-up 52% had discontinued medication...
- Intensive cognitive-behavioral group treatment (CBGT) of social phobia: a randomized controlled studyEwa Mörtberg
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Section of Psychiatry S t Göran, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Anxiety Disord 20:646-60. 2006..Treatment gains at 3 weeks were maintained or improved at 1-year follow-up. Average effect sizes of social phobia measures ranged from 0.56 at post-treatment, 0.68 at 3 months and 0.81 at 6 months and 1 year, respectively...
- Intensive group cognitive treatment and individual cognitive therapy vs. treatment as usual in social phobia: a randomized controlled trialE Mörtberg
Department of Clinical Neuroscience Section of Psychiatry, St Goran s Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Psychiatr Scand 115:142-54. 2007..To compare the effects of an intensive group cognitive treatment (IGCT) to individual cognitive therapy (ICT) and treatment as usual (TAU) in social phobia (DSM-IV)...
- Temperament and character dimensions in patients with social phobia: patterns of change following treatments?Ewa Mörtberg
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Section of Psychiatry St Göran s Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Psychiatry Res 152:81-90. 2007..Successful treatment is related to decrease in HA and increase in SD. High HA at baseline may suggest a need for extensive treatment in order to achieve remission...
- Intensive group cognitive therapy and individual cognitive therapy for social phobia: sustained improvement at 5-year follow-upEwa Mörtberg
Karolinska Institute, Department of Clinical Neuroscience Centre for Psychiatry Research, Stockholm, Sweden
J Anxiety Disord 25:994-1000. 2011..These improvements were present in patients who had no additional treatment, as well as in the total sample. In conclusion, it appears that the effects of IGCT and ICT are maintained and improved upon at 5 years post-treatment...
- Screening for ADHD in an adult social phobia sampleEwa Mörtberg
Department of Psychology, Stockholm University, Frecati Hagvag 8, Stockholm, SE 106 91, Sweden
J Atten Disord 16:645-9. 2012..Recent studies have suggested a link between a primary anxiety disorder and ADHD...
- Internet-based cognitive behavior therapy vs. cognitive behavioral group therapy for social anxiety disorder: a randomized controlled non-inferiority trialErik Hedman
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Psychiatry, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e18001. 2011..Our aim was to investigate if ICBT is at least as effective as CBGT for SAD when treatments are delivered in a psychiatric setting...