- Transcriptional activation of the human papillomavirus type 5 and 16 long control region in cells from cutaneous and mucosal originNitesh Mistry
Department of Virology, Umea University, S 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Virol J 4:27. 2007..In cervical W12E cells the HPV-16 LCR was almost 2-fold more effective in activating transcription compared to the HPV-5 LCR. The ability to initiate transcription in the other cell lines was independent on cell origin and HPV-type...
- Coxsackievirus A24 variant uses sialic acid-containing O-linked glycoconjugates as cellular receptors on human ocular cellsNitesh Mistry
Division of Virology, Department of Clinical Microbiology, Umea University, SE 90185 Umeå, Sweden
J Virol 85:11283-90. 2011..These results provide further insights into the early steps of the CVA24v life cycle...
- Cutaneous and mucosal human papillomaviruses differ in net surface charge, potential impact on tropismNitesh Mistry
Department of Virology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Virol J 5:118. 2008..Uptake of HPV-5 PsV was not inhibited by heparin in C33A cells and only minor inhibition was detected in HaCaT cells. HPV-16 PsV uptake was significantly more inhibited by heparin in both cells and completely blocked in C33A cells...
- Carboxy-fluorescein diacetate, succinimidyl ester labeled papillomavirus virus-like particles fluoresce after internalization and interact with heparan sulfate for binding and entryPeter Drobni
Department of Virology, , SE-901 85 Ume, Sweden
Virology 310:163-72. 2003..Pretreatment of labeled HPV VLPs with heparin inhibited uptake, suggesting a primary interaction between HPV and cell-surface heparan sulfate...
- The anti-papillomavirus activity of human and bovine lactoferricinNitesh Mistry
Department of Virology, Umea University, SE 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Antiviral Res 75:258-65. 2007..This is the first time that lactoferricin was demonstrated to have an inhibitory effect on HPV infection and the antiviral activity differed depending on size, charge and structures of the lactoferricin...