Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Myxoid liposarcoma FUS-DDIT3 fusion oncogene induces C/EBP beta-mediated interleukin 6 expressionMelker Göransson
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research LLCR, Department of Pathology, Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Cancer 115:556-60. 2005..We demonstrate for the first time that DDIT3 and FUS-DDIT3 show opposite transcriptional regulation of IL8 and suggest that FUS-DDIT3 may affect the synergistic activation of promoters regulated by C/EBP beta and NFkappaB...
- The myxoid liposarcoma specific TLS-CHOP fusion protein localizes to nuclear structures distinct from PML nuclear bodiesSofia Thelin-Järnum
The Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Cancer 97:446-50. 2002..Transfection of TLS-CHOP induced a rapid disappearance of PCNA. TLS-CHOP may disturb the nuclear machinery by binding and sequestering important factors from their natural sites...
- Nuclear expression of FLT1 and its ligand PGF in FUS-DDIT3 carrying myxoid liposarcomas suggests the existence of an intracrine signaling loopMattias K Andersson
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Cancer 10:249. 2010..We have previously identified FLT1 (VEGFR1) as a candidate downstream target gene of FUS-DDIT3. The aim of this study was to investigate expression of FLT1 and its ligands in MLS cells...
- The myxoid/round cell liposarcoma fusion oncogene FUS-DDIT3 and the normal DDIT3 induce a liposarcoma phenotype in transfected human fibrosarcoma cellsKatarina Engström
Department of Oncology, Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Am J Pathol 168:1642-53. 2006..In addition, development of lipoblasts and the typical MLS/RCLS capillary network could be an effect of the DDIT3 transcription factor partner of the fusion oncogene...
- Abnormal expression of cell cycle regulators in FUS-CHOP carrying liposarcomasAnita Olofsson
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, , SE-413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Oncol 25:1349-55. 2004..We conclude that deregulation of G1 controlling proteins is common in MLS/RCLS and that aberrant expression of these proteins is of importance in the pathogenesis of this tumor type...
- Temperature-dependent localization of TLS-CHOP to splicing factor compartmentsMelker Göransson
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, Goteborg University, Gula straket 8, S 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 278:125-32. 2002..Further, mutational analysis of the N-terminal part of green fluorescent protein-tagged TLS-CHOP identifies a region within the N-terminal required for colocalization with the splicing factor SC-35...