Affiliation: Lund University
- Rate of over-diagnosis of breast cancer 15 years after end of Malmö mammographic screening trial: follow-up studySophia Zackrisson
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Epidemiological Research Group, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
BMJ 332:689-92. 2006..To evaluate the rate of over-diagnosis of breast cancer 15 years after the end of the Malmö mammographic screening trial...
- Social predictors of non-attendance in an urban mammographic screening programme: a multilevel analysisSophia Zackrisson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 35:548-54. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of individual socioeconomic and area-level determinants on variations in non-attendance among geographic areas in an urban mammographic service screening programme...
- Improved survival rate for women with interval breast cancer - results from the breast cancer screening programme in Malmö, Sweden 1976-1999Sophia Zackrisson
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Epidemiology, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Med Screen 14:138-43. 2007..We investigated the course of interval breast cancer over time in the Malmö Mammographic Screening Trial (MMST) 1976-86 and the Malmö Mammographic Service Screening Programme (MMSSP) 1990-99...
- Is single reading with computer-aided detection (CAD) as good as double reading in mammography screening? A systematic reviewEdward Azavedo
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Med Imaging 12:22. 2012..The aim of this systematic review is to address the following question: Is the reading of mammographic x-ray images by a single breast radiologist together with CAD at least as accurate as double reading?..
- Non-attendance in breast cancer screening is associated with unfavourable socio-economic circumstances and advanced carcinomaSophia Zackrisson
Department of Community Medicine, Unit of Epidemiology, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Cancer 108:754-60. 2004..Stage distribution and survival among non-attenders seem to have improved. Several socio-economic factors predict non-attendance and non-attenders are at higher risk for advanced breast cancer...
- Breast tomosynthesis: Accuracy of tumor measurement compared with digital mammography and ultrasonographyDaniel Förnvik
Department of Medical Radiation Physics, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Radiol 51:240-7. 2010..These low-dose images are used to mathematically reconstruct a 3D image volume of the breast, thus reducing the problem of superimposed tissue...
- Investigation of viewing procedures for interpretation of breast tomosynthesis image volumes: a detection-task study with eye trackingPontus Timberg
Diagnostic Radiology, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Eur Radiol 23:997-1005. 2013..To evaluate the efficiency of different methods of reading breast tomosynthesis (BT) image volumes...
- Overweight in relation to tumour size and axillary lymph node involvement in postmenopausal breast cancer patients-differences between women invited to vs. not invited to mammography in a randomized screening trialAsa Olsson
Dept of Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Cancer Epidemiol 33:9-15. 2009..This study investigates invitation to mammographic screening and the association between overweight and tumour size/axillary lymph node involvement at breast cancer diagnosis in postmenopausal women...
- Breast tomosynthesis and digital mammography: a comparison of breast cancer visibility and BIRADS classification in a population of cancers with subtle mammographic findingsIngvar Andersson
Diagnostic Centre of Imaging and Functional Medicine, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Eur Radiol 18:2817-25. 2008..01). The results indicate that the cancer visibility on BT is superior to DM, which suggests that BT may have a higher sensitivity for breast cancer detection...
- Population-based screening for colorectal cancer with faecal occult blood test--do we really have enough evidence?Goran Ekelund
Department of Surgery, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:1269-75. 2010....
- Digital mammography and tomosynthesis for breast cancer diagnosisAnders Tingberg
Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Medical Radiation Physics, Department of Clinical Sciences, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden 46 40 331155 46 40 963185
Expert Opin Med Diagn 5:517-26. 2011..It has applications both for clinical breast cancer imaging as well as for screening purposes. The true potential of BT in both fields remains to be further evaluated in clinical trials...