Genomes and Genes
J Gustav Smith
Affiliation: Lund University
- Genetic polymorphisms confer risk of atrial fibrillation in patients with heart failure: a population-based studyJ Gustav Smith
Department of Cardiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Heart Fail 15:250-7. 2013..We evaluated the association of cardiovascular and genetic risk factors with AF in HF patients...
- Impact of ancestry and common genetic variants on QT interval in African AmericansJ Gustav Smith
Department of Cardiology, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Sweden
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 5:647-55. 2012....
- Genetic polymorphisms for estimating risk of atrial fibrillation: a literature-based meta-analysisJ G Smith
Department of Cardiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Intern Med 272:573-82. 2012..Polymorphisms associated with atrial fibrillation (AF) have shown relatively large risk estimates, but the robustness of such estimates across populations and study designs has not been investigated...
- Atrial fibrillation in the Malmö Diet and Cancer study: a study of occurrence, risk factors and diagnostic validityJ Gustav Smith
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Clinical Research Center, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Epidemiol 25:95-102. 2010..Hypertension and obesity account for large portions of population risk in middle-aged individuals with low prevalence of manifest cardiac disease...
- Assessment of conventional cardiovascular risk factors and multiple biomarkers for the prediction of incident heart failure and atrial fibrillationJ Gustav Smith
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:1712-9. 2010....
- Genome-wide association studies of the PR interval in African AmericansJ Gustav Smith
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
PLoS Genet 7:e1001304. 2011....
- Novel and conventional biomarkers for prediction of incident cardiovascular events in the communityOlle Melander
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Clinical Research Center, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
JAMA 302:49-57. 2009..Prior studies have demonstrated conflicting results regarding how much information novel biomarkers add to cardiovascular risk assessment...
- A large-sample assessment of possible association between ischaemic stroke and rs12188950 in the PDE4D geneHåkan Lövkvist
Department of Clinical Sciences, Neurology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 20:783-9. 2012..042). No effect from rs12188950 on IS was found from either our pooled multi-centre data or the performed meta-analysis. We did not find any association between the examined subgroups and rs12188950 either...
- Inflammation-sensitive proteins and risk of atrial fibrillation: a population-based cohort studySamuel Adamsson Eryd
Cardiovascular epidemiology research group, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Epidemiol 26:449-55. 2011..Of the individual ISPs, a significant association was observed for ceruloplasmin, a protein previously associated with copper metabolism and oxidative stress...
- A common missense variant in the ATP receptor P2X7 is associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular eventsOlof Gidlöf
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e37491. 2012..We hypothesized that polymorphisms in P2RX7 influence the risk of ischemic heart disease (IHD), ischemic stroke (IS) and cardiovascular risk factors and tested this hypothesis using genetic association studies...
- Smoking modifies the associated increased risk of future cardiovascular disease by genetic variation on chromosome 9p21Viktor Hamrefors
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine Unit, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 9:e85893. 2014..We tested if the associated risk of CVD and CVD-mortality by the single nucleotide polymorphism rs4977574 on chromosome 9p21 is modified by life-style factors...
- Circulating cardio-enriched microRNAs are associated with long-term prognosis following myocardial infarctionOlof Gidlöf
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, SE 221 00, Box 117, Lund, Sweden
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 13:12. 2013..We wanted to evaluate the diagnostic and prognostic potential of cardio-enriched miRNAs in patients presenting with a suspected acute coronary syndrome (ACS)...
- Incidence of coronary events and case fatality rate in relation to blood lymphocyte and neutrophil countsSamuel Adamsson Eryd
Cardiovascular epidemiology research group, Department of Clinical Sciences Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Entrance 72, Bldg 60, Floor 13, 20205 Malmö, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:533-9. 2012..This study aimed to explore whether blood lymphocyte and neutrophil counts are associated with incidence of CEs and with fatal outcome in subjects who subsequently experienced a first CE...
- Procalcitonin after cardiac arrest - an indicator of severity of illness, ischemia-reperfusion injury and outcomeMartin Annborn
Department of Intensive and Perioperative Care, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Sweden
Resuscitation 84:782-7. 2013....
- Red cell distribution width and risk for first hospitalization due to heart failure: a population-based cohort studyYan Borné
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Clinical Research Center, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Heart Fail 13:1355-61. 2011..We investigated the association between RDW and incidence of first hospitalization due to HF in a population-based cohort...
- Development of an MRM assay panel with application to biobank samples from patients with myocardial infarctionMelinda Rezeli
Division of Clinical Protein Science and Imaging, Biomedical Center, Department of Measurement Technology and Industrial Electrical Engineering, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Proteomics 87:16-25. 2013..Strong correlations were found for several of the apolipoproteins and their respective lipid subfractions (LDL, HDL or triglycerides). APOC1, APOC2 and APOE were elevated in patients with STEMI...
- Acute right ventricular failure caused by concomitant coronary and pulmonary embolism: successful treatment with endovascular coronary and pulmonary thrombectomyJ Gustav Smith
Lund University, Lund, Sweden Skåne University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care 2:131-6. 2013..We discuss issues related to the diagnosis, treatment, and secondary prevention for patients with concomitant pulmonary and coronary arterial thrombosis...
- Triple antithrombotic therapy following an acute coronary syndrome: prevalence, outcomes and prognostic utility of the HAS-BLED scoreJ Gustav Smith
Department of Cardiology, Skane University Hospital, Lund University, Lund and Malmö, Sweden
EuroIntervention 8:672-8. 2012....