Affiliation: Lund University
- Protection and regeneration of nigral dopaminergic neurons by neurturin or GDNF in a partial lesion model of Parkinson's disease after administration into the striatum or the lateral ventricleC Rosenblad
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 11:1554-66. 1999..The lower efficacy of NTN after IS, and particularly ICV, administration may be explained by the poor solubility and diffusion properties at neutral pH...
- In vivo protection of nigral dopamine neurons by lentiviral gene transfer of the novel GDNF-family member neublastin/arteminC Rosenblad
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University, Solvegatan 17, Lund, S 223 62, Sweden
Mol Cell Neurosci 15:199-214. 2000..We conclude that NBN/ART, similarly to GDNF, is a potent neuroprotective factor for the nigrostriatal DA neurons in vivo...
- Sequential administration of GDNF into the substantia nigra and striatum promotes dopamine neuron survival and axonal sprouting but not striatal reinnervation or functional recovery in the partial 6-OHDA lesion modelC Rosenblad
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Physiology, Lund University, Solvegatan 17, Lund, S 223 62, Sweden
Exp Neurol 161:503-16. 2000..We conclude that functional recovery in the partial lesion model depends not only on preservation of the nigral cell bodies, but more critically on the ability of GDNF to promote significant reinnervation of the denervated striatum...
- Preservation of a functional nigrostriatal dopamine pathway by GDNF in the intrastriatal 6-OHDA lesion model depends on the site of administration of the trophic factorD Kirik
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Physiological Sciences, Lund University, Solvegatan 17, 223 62 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 12:3871-82. 2000....
- Long-term rAAV-mediated gene transfer of GDNF in the rat Parkinson's model: intrastriatal but not intranigral transduction promotes functional regeneration in the lesioned nigrostriatal systemD Kirik
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Physiological Sciences, Division of Neurobiology, Lund University, 223 62 Lund, Sweden
J Neurosci 20:4686-700. 2000..GDNF transgene expression was maintained at high levels throughout this period. These results provide evidence that rAAV is a highly efficient vector system for long-term expression of therapeutic proteins in the nigrostriatal system...
- Towards a neuroprotective gene therapy for Parkinson's disease: use of adenovirus, AAV and lentivirus vectors for gene transfer of GDNF to the nigrostriatal system in the rat Parkinson modelA Bjorklund
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Section of Neurobiology, Lund University, Solvegatan 17, S 22362, Lund, Sweden
Brain Res 886:82-98. 2000....
- Delayed infusion of GDNF promotes recovery of motor function in the partial lesion model of Parkinson's diseaseD Kirik
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Physiological Sciences, Lund University, BMC A11, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 13:1589-99. 2001....
- Injury induced c-Jun expression and phosphorylation in the dopaminergic nigral neurons of the rat: correlation with neuronal death and modulation by glial-cell-line-derived neurotrophic factorE Vaudano
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Physiological Sciences, Lund University, Solvegatan 17, S 223 62 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 13:1-14. 2001..We conclude that c-Jun induction and phosphorylation may be involved in the cellular events leading to death of nigral dopaminergic neurons in vivo and that this response can be modulated by glial-cell-line-derived-neurotrophic factor...
- Treatment with the spin-trap agent alpha-phenyl-N-tert-butyl nitrone does not enhance the survival of embryonic or adult dopamine neuronsJ Karlsson
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Section for Neuronal Survival, Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, Lund University, Solvegatan 17, S 223 62, Lund, Sweden
Brain Res 805:155-68. 1998..This may be due to antioxidants and spin-trap agents interfering in different steps of free radical-induced cell damage...
- Evaluation of Tet-on system to avoid transgene down-regulation in ex vivo gene transfer to the CNSJ Johansen
NsGene A/S, 97-Pederstrupvej, DK-2750 Ballerup, Denmark
Gene Ther 9:1291-301. 2002..This emphasizes the need for alternative vector strategies for ex vivo gene transfer...
- Characterization of organotypic ventral mesencephalic cultures from embryonic mice and protection against MPP toxicity by GDNFB Jakobsen
Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Southern Denmark, , 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Eur J Neurosci 21:2939-48. 2005..Long recovery periods after MPP(+) exposure are required to distinguish between reversible or irreversible toxic and/or trophic effects...