Affiliation: Lund University
- Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor in plasma is associated with incidence of CVD. Results from the Malmö Diet and Cancer StudyM Persson
Department of Clinical Sciences Medicine, Malmo, Lund University, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 220:502-5. 2012..The aim of this study was to explore the relationship between suPAR, cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors and incidence of CVD...
- The epidemiology of Lp-PLA(2): distribution and correlation with cardiovascular risk factors in a population-based cohortMargaretha Persson
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Malmo, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 190:388-96. 2007..However, the measured variables accounted for only 19% and 35% of the variation in Lp-PLA(2) mass and activity respectively...
- Elevated Lp-PLA2 levels add prognostic information to the metabolic syndrome on incidence of cardiovascular events among middle-aged nondiabetic subjectsMargaretha Persson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Internal Medicine Research Group, University Hospital Malmo, Entrance 33, Level 2, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:1411-6. 2007..To explore potential interrelationships between lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2), the metabolic syndrome (MetS), and incident cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Scoring models of a diet quality index and the predictive capability of mortality in a population-based cohort of Swedish men and womenIsabel Drake
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Public Health Nutr 16:468-78. 2013..To examine how different scoring models for a diet quality index influence associations with mortality outcomes...
- Vildagliptin reduces glucagon during hyperglycemia and sustains glucagon counterregulation during hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetesJohan Farngren
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, B11 BMC, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:3799-806. 2012..The dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, vildagliptin, inhibits glucagon secretion at hyperglycemia but appears to enhance glucagon counterregulation during hypoglycemia in type 2 diabetes...
- Diabetes mellitus and elevated copeptin levels in middle age predict low cognitive speed after long-term follow-upEva Tufvesson
Clinical Memory Research Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 35:67-76. 2013....
- Dietary fiber and saturated fat intake associations with cardiovascular disease differ by sex in the Malmö Diet and Cancer Cohort: a prospective studyPeter Wallström
Nutrition Epidemiology Research Group, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e31637. 2012..The aim of the study was to examine associations between intake of macronutrients and dietary fiber and incident ischemic cardiovascular disease (iCVD) in men and women...
- Low plasma level of atrial natriuretic peptide predicts development of diabetes: the prospective Malmo Diet and Cancer studyMartin Magnusson
Departments of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Ent 35, Floor 2, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:638-45. 2012....
- A high diet quality is associated with lower incidence of cardiovascular events in the Malmö diet and cancer cohortJoanna Hlebowicz
Center for Emergency, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e71095. 2013..To investigate if diet quality is related to incidence of cardiovascular (CV) events...
- Novel and conventional biomarkers for prediction of incident cardiovascular events in the communityOlle Melander
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Clinical Research Center, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
JAMA 302:49-57. 2009..Prior studies have demonstrated conflicting results regarding how much information novel biomarkers add to cardiovascular risk assessment...
- Orthostatic blood pressure response, carotid intima-media thickness, and plasma fibrinogen in older nondiabetic adultsArtur Fedorowski
Center for Emergency Medicine, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Hypertens 30:522-9. 2012..Although recent studies have indicated that both orthostatic hypotension and orthostatic hypertension (OHTN) independently predict cardiovascular events, the underlying mechanisms are still debatable...
- Low levels of circulating CD4+FoxP3+ T cells are associated with an increased risk for development of myocardial infarction but not for strokeMaria Wigren
Department of Clinical Sciences, Entrance 72, 60 13, Malmo University Hospital, 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2000-4. 2012..The aim of the present study was to determine whether circulating Tregs predict the development of acute cardiovascular events in humans...
- The association between glucometabolic disturbances, traditional cardiovascular risk factors and self-rated health by age and gender: a cross-sectional analysis within the Malmö Preventive ProjectMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Skane University Hospital, and Heart Health Group Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:118. 2011..Whether this age-related reduction applies to CVD risk factors, and whether it is limited to established diabetes mellitus (DM) or also applies to pre-diabetic conditions are not well known...
- Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor: a risk factor for carotid plaque, stroke, and coronary artery diseaseMargaretha Persson
From the Clinical Research Unit, Medicine, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Malmo, Sweden M P, G O, O M and Department of Clinical Sciences Malmö, Lund University, Lund, Sweden M P, G O, G S, V H, O M, B H, G E
Stroke 45:18-23. 2014..The relationships among the soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR), carotid plaque, and incidence of ischemic stroke and coronary artery disease (CAD) events were studied in a prospective cohort...
- Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor is associated with inflammation in the vulnerable human atherosclerotic plaqueAndreas Edsfeldt
Experimental Cardiovascular Research Unit, Clinical Research Center, Department of Clinical Sciences, Jan Waldenströms gata 35, CRC 91 12, Lund University, and the Clinical Research Unit, Acute Medical Center, Skane University Hospital, SE 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Stroke 43:3305-12. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine whether suPAR measured in the plaque is associated with symptomatic plaques and plaque inflammation...
- Lp-PLA2 activity and mass are associated with increased incidence of ischemic stroke: a population-based cohort study from Malmö, SwedenMargaretha Persson
Department of Clinical Sciences, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 200:191-8. 2008..This prospective urban population-based study explored the relationship between baseline Lp-PLA(2) activity and mass, respectively, levels and incidence of first coronary heart disease (CHD) and ischemic stroke, respectively...
- Comparison of grey scale median (GSM) measurement in ultrasound images of human carotid plaques using two different softwaresGerd Ostling
Department of Clinical Sciences, Skane University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 33:431-5. 2013..To avoid these problems, researcher should come to a consensus regarding software and standardization method for GSM measurement on ultrasound images of plaque in the arteries. ..
- Vildagliptin enhances islet responsiveness to both hyper- and hypoglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetesBo Ahren
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1236-43. 2009..However, their effects on the glucagon response to hypoglycemia are not established...