Affiliation: Lund University
- Enhanced beta cell function and anti-inflammatory effect after chronic treatment with the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor vildagliptin in an advanced-aged diet-induced obesity mouse modelB A Omar
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Diabetologia 56:1752-60. 2013..To explore the long-term effects of DPP4 inhibition on insulin secretion and beta cell mass, we have generated a high-fat diet (HFD)-induced-obesity model in mice of advanced age (10 months old)...
- Regulation of AMP-activated protein kinase by cAMP in adipocytes: roles for phosphodiesterases, protein kinase B, protein kinase A, Epac and lipolysisBilal Omar
Lund University, Biomedical Center, C11 Department of Experimental Medical Science, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Cell Signal 21:760-6. 2009..Taken together, these data suggest that PDE3B and PDE4 regulate cAMP pools that affect the activation/phosphorylation state of AMPK and that the effects of cyclic AMP on AMPK involve Epac1, PKA and lipolysis...
- Differential development of glucose intolerance and pancreatic islet adaptation in multiple diet induced obesity modelsBilal Omar
Department of Clinical Sciences, Medicine, Lund University, SE221 84, Lund, Sweden
Nutrients 4:1367-81. 2012..Different high fat diets are used and in order to determine which diet produces a model most accurately resembling human T2D, they need to be compared head-to-head...
- From PDE3B to the regulation of energy homeostasisEva Degerman
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Division for Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Curr Opin Pharmacol 11:676-82. 2011..This article highlights the complexity involved in the regulation of PDE3B by hormones, and in the regulation of downstream metabolic effects by PDE3B in several interacting tissues...
- Regulation of the pro-inflammatory cytokine osteopontin by GIP in adipocytes--a role for the transcription factor NFAT and phosphodiesterase 3BBilal Omar
Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Biomedical Center, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 425:812-7. 2012..Given the established link between osteopontin and insulin resistance, our data suggest that GIP by stimulating osteopontin expression, also could promote insulin resistance in adipocytes...
- Protein kinase B activity is required for the effects of insulin on lipid metabolism in adipocytesChristine Berggreen
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, BMC, C11, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E635-46. 2009..In summary, we propose that PKB is required for the positive effects of insulin on lipid storage and that regulation of PDE3B and AMPK by PKB is important for these effects...
- Link between GIP and osteopontin in adipose tissue and insulin resistanceEmma Ahlqvist
Department of Clinical Sciences, Diabetes, and Endocrinology, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes 62:2088-94. 2013..Carriers of the GIPR rs10423928 A allele showed protective properties via reduced GIP effects. Identification of this unprecedented link between GIP and OPN in adipose tissue might open new avenues for therapeutic interventions...