Affiliation: Lund University
- Validity of registration of ICD codes and prescriptions in a research database in Swedish primary care: a cross-sectional study in Skaraborg primary care databasePer Hjerpe
R and D Centre, Skaraborg Primary Care, Skovde, Sweden
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 10:23. 2010..In this study we aimed to investigate (i) the frequency and validity of ICD code and drug prescription registration in the new Skaraborg primary care database (SPCD) and (ii) to investigate the sources of variation in this registration...
- Variation in plasma calcium analysis in primary care in Sweden--a multilevel analysisSofia Dalemo
Dept of Public Health and Community Medicine Primary Health Care, Sahlgrenska academy Gothenburg University, PO Box 454, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Fam Pract 11:43. 2010..In this study we aimed to investigate variation of P-Ca analysis between physicians and health care centres (HCCs) in primary care in county of Skaraborg, Sweden...
- Performance evaluations and league tables: do they capture variation between organizational units? An analysis of 5 Swedish pharmacological performance indicatorsHenrik Ohlsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Social Epidemiology, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Med Care 49:327-31. 2011..However, few studies have attempted to assess quality by quantifying the variability across the organizational units or attempted to investigate whether the units are the correct context that really influences the outcome under study...
- Practice variation in a longitudinal perspective: a multilevel analysis of the prescription of simvastatin in general practices between 2003 and 2009Henrik Ohlsson
Center for Primary Health Care Research, Lund University and Region Skåne, CRC, Ing 72, SUS, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 67:1205-11. 2011..The aim of this paper is to describe the trend and interpractice variation in the relative share of simvastatin in statin prescription over a 7-year period (2003-2009) in Dutch general practices...
- Socioeconomic position and secondary preventive therapy after an AMIHenrik Ohlsson
Faculty of Medicine, Social Epidemiology, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 19:358-66. 2010....
- Is the physician's adherence to prescription guidelines associated with the patient's socio-economic position? An analysis of statin prescription in South SwedenHenrik Ohlsson
Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Epidemiol Community Health 64:678-83. 2010..We therefore investigated the association between patient and healthcare practice (HCP) characteristics on the one hand, and adherence to guidelines for statin prescription on the other, with a focus on social and economic conditions...
- Is physician adherence to prescription guidelines a general trait of health care practices or dependent on drug type?--a multilevel logistic regression analysis in South SwedenHenrik Ohlsson
Social Epidemiology, Department of Clinical Science, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Sweden
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:682-90. 2009..Our goal was to determine whether adherence to prescription guidelines is a common trait of HCPs or dependent on drug type...
- Therapeutic traditions, patient socioeconomic characteristics and physicians' early new drug prescribing--a multilevel analysis of rosuvastatin prescription in south SwedenHenrik Ohlsson
Social Epidemiology, Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:141-50. 2009..To investigate the role that both patient and outpatient factors related to health care practice (HCP) play in physicians' early adoption of rosuvastatin...
- Place effects for areas defined by administrative boundaries: a life course analysis of mortality and cause specific morbidity in Scania, SwedenHenrik Ohlsson
Social Epidemiology, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, SUS, CRC, Ing 72, 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Soc Sci Med 73:1145-51. 2011..Valuable information for planning public health interventions might be obtained by considering measures of variance and clustering from specific contexts before implementing strategic programs...
- Socioeconomic position, comorbidity, and mortality in aortic aneurysms: a 13-year prospective cohort studyTomas Ohrlander
Vascular Center Malmö Lund, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Ann Vasc Surg 26:312-21. 2012..Identification of AA was based on hospital discharge diagnosis obtained from the Swedish Patient Register or from the information on death certificates from the Cause of Death Register...
- Auditing patient registration in the Swedish quality register for acute coronary syndromeMaria Rosvall
Department of Clinical Sciences, Social Epidemiology, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 38:533-40. 2010....
- Psychotropic drugs and accidents in Scania, SwedenBirgit Modén
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Social Medicine and Health Politics, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, and CRC, Scania University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Public Health 22:726-32. 2012..e. falling accidents and transportation accidents, respectively, in the whole population aged≥18 years in the county of Scania, Sweden...
- Understanding the effects of a decentralized budget on physicians' compliance with guidelines for statin prescription--a multilevel methodological approachHenrik Ohlsson
Social Epidemiology and HE, Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Sweden
BMC Health Serv Res 7:68. 2007..Focusing on lipid-lowering drugs (i.e., statins), we evaluated the effect of this intervention across a 25-month period. We expected that increased local economic responsibility would promote prescribing of recommended statins...
- Revisiting causal neighborhood effects on individual ischemic heart disease risk: a quasi-experimental multilevel analysis among Swedish siblingsJuan Merlo
Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Jan Waldenströms Street 35, 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Soc Sci Med 76:39-46. 2013..In contrast the high family level VPC = 20.1% confirms the relevance of the family context for understanding IHD risk...
- Physical activity and concordance between objective and perceived walkabilityDaniel Arvidsson
Center for Primary Health Care Research, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:280-7. 2012....
- Coeliac disease in children: a social epidemiological study in SwedenCarl Johan Wingren
Unit for Social Epidemiology, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 101:185-91. 2012..Little is known on the possible existence of socioeconomic and geographical differences in early coeliac disease (CD) risk. Therefore, we investigated these aspects in children before age two...
- Venous thromboembolism does not share strong familial susceptibility with ischemic stroke: a nationwide family study in SwedenBengt Zöller
Center for Primary Health Care Research, Region Skåne and Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 4:484-90. 2011..This nationwide study aimed at determining whether VTE shares familial susceptibility with ischemic stroke...
- High familial risk of atrial fibrillation/atrial flutter in multiplex families: a nationwide family study in swedenBengt Zöller
Center for Primary Health Care Research, Region Skåne Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Am Heart Assoc 2:e003384. 2012..The main aim of this nationwide study was to determine the familial risk of AF/AFl in multiplex families...
- Family history as a risk factor for recurrent hospitalization for lone atrial fibrillation: a nationwide family study in SwedenBengt Zöller
Center for Primary Health Care Research, CRC, Skane University Hospital, Building 28, Floor 11, Jan Waldenströms gata 35, Malmo, S 205 02, Sweden
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:121. 2012..e., AF with unknown etiology. The familial risk for first time LAF hospitalization was also determined and compared to the risk of recurrent hospitalization for LAF...
- Walkability parameters, active transportation and objective physical activity: moderating and mediating effects of motor vehicle ownership in a cross-sectional studyUlf Eriksson
Center for Primary Health Care Research, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:123. 2012..abstract:..
- A brief conceptual tutorial of multilevel analysis in social epidemiology: using measures of clustering in multilevel logistic regression to investigate contextual phenomenaJuan Merlo
Department of Clinical Sciences Community Medicine, Malmo University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:290-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to present measures of variation appropriate for the logistic case in a didactic rather than a mathematical way. Design and..
- Neighborhood walkability, physical activity, and walking behavior: the Swedish Neighborhood and Physical Activity (SNAP) studyKristina Sundquist
Center for Primary Health Care Research, Lund University, CRC, Building 28, Floor 11, Entrance 72, Malmo University Hospital, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Soc Sci Med 72:1266-73. 2011....
- Social capital and health-purely a question of context?Giuseppe Nicola Giordano
Social Epidemiology, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Skånes University Hospital, SUS, Lund University, Clinical Research Centre, Building 28, Floor 12, Entrance 72, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Health Place 17:946-53. 2011..However, individual-level social capital variables and other health determinants appear to influence contextual-level variance the most...