Genomes and Genes
Henrietta M Nielsen
Affiliation: Lund University
- Soluble adhesion molecules and angiotensin-converting enzyme in dementiaHenrietta M Nielsen
Chronic Inflammatory and Degenerative Disease Research Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Neurobiol Dis 26:27-35. 2007..The observed patterns in adhesion molecules may reflect distinctions in the pathophysiological basis of their generation in dementia patients...
- Astrocytic A beta 1-42 uptake is determined by A beta-aggregation state and the presence of amyloid-associated proteinsHenrietta M Nielsen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Glia 58:1235-46. 2010..Thus, amyloid-associated proteins, especially ApoJ and ApoE, can alter A beta-uptake in vitro and hence may influence A beta clearance and plaque formation in vivo...
- Binding and uptake of A beta1-42 by primary human astrocytes in vitroHenrietta M Nielsen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Pathology, The Alzheimer Centre, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Glia 57:978-88. 2009..Thus, primary human astrocytes derived from different sources can bind and internalize A beta1-42, and fetal astrocytes were more efficient in A beta1-42 uptake than adult astrocytes...
- Low CSF levels of both α-synuclein and the α-synuclein cleaving enzyme neurosin in patients with synucleinopathyMalin Wennström
Lund University, Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Molecular Memory Research Unit, The Wallenberg Laboratory at Skåne University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e53250. 2013....
- Cerebrospinal fluid inflammatory markers in Parkinson's disease--associations with depression, fatigue, and cognitive impairmentDaniel Lindqvist
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section for Psychiatry, Lund University, Lund, Sweden Psychiatry Skåne, Lund, Sweden Electronic address
Brain Behav Immun 33:183-9. 2013..032). Our results indicate that non-motor features of PD such as depression, fatigue, and cognitive impairment are associated with higher CSF levels of inflammatory markers. ..
- Altered CSF orexin and α-synuclein levels in dementia patientsMalin Wennström
Molecular Memory Research Unit, The Wallenberg Laboratory, Skåne University Hospital SUS Malmö, Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Alzheimers Dis 29:125-32. 2012..Alterations in CSF orexin and α-synuclein levels may be related to gender which warrants further investigation...
- The effect of amyloid associated proteins on the expression of genes involved in amyloid-β clearance by adult human astrocytesSandra D Mulder
Department of Clinical Chemistry, The Alzheimer Center, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Neurol 233:373-9. 2012..These astrocytic gene expression-regulatory mechanisms appear to be defective in AD and thus might contribute to the development and progression of AD pathology...
- C4b-binding protein in Alzheimer's disease: binding to Abeta1-42 and to dead cellsLeendert A Trouw
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Mol Immunol 45:3649-60. 2008..In conclusion, C4BP binds to dead brain cells and Abeta peptide in vitro, is present in CSF and possibly protects against excessive complement activation in AD brains...
- NG2 cells, a new trail for Alzheimer's disease mechanisms?Henrietta M Nielsen
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Molecular Memory Research Unit, Lund University, The Wallenberg Laboratory 2nd floor, Inga Marie Nilssons gata, entrance 53, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, 205 02, Sweden
Acta Neuropathol Commun 1:7. 2013..Here we describe alterations in the human NG2 cell population in response to pathological changes characteristic of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Apolipoproteins E and J interfere with amyloid-beta uptake by primary human astrocytes and microglia in vitroSandra D Mulder
Department of Clinical Chemistry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Alzheimer Center, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Glia 62:493-503. 2014..Thus, targeting the association of Aβ with AAPs, such as ApoE and ApoJ, could serve as a therapeutic strategy to increase Aβ clearance by glial cells...
- Complement in the brainRobert Veerhuis
Department of Clinical Chemistry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 48:1592-603. 2011....