Affiliation: Lund University
- The effect of medication reconciliation in elderly patients at hospital dischargePatrik Midlöv
Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Center for Primary Health Care Research, Lund University, 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Clin Pharm 34:113-9. 2012..To assess the impact of medication reconciliation interventions on medication error rates when elderly patients are discharged from hospital to community care or nursing homes...
- Prevalence and predictors of healthcare utilization among older people (60+): focusing on ADL dependency and risk of depressionMagnus Sandberg
Department of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, P O Box 157, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 54:e349-63. 2012..This suggests that different variables should be considered, including both ADL and psychosocial variables, when trying to identify future healthcare users...
- Acceptance and importance of clinical pharmacists' LIMM-based recommendationsAsa Bondesson
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Int J Clin Pharm 34:272-6. 2012....
- The process of identifying, solving and preventing drug related problems in the LIMM-studyAnna Bergkvist Christensen
Apoteket Farmaci, Hospital Pharmacy, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Int J Clin Pharm 33:1010-8. 2011..This study describes the process behind these improvements, i.e. drug related problems identified by pharmacists within a clinical pharmacy service...
- Psychosocial perspectives on health care utilization among frail elderly people: an explorative studyUlf Jakobsson
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, CRC, Building 28, Floor 11, Entrance 72, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 52:290-4. 2011..Thus, measures taken to prevent health care utilization, especially among those with high utilization of inpatient care, will most likely have a positive effect on psychosocial variables and life satisfaction/quality of life (QoL)...
- Healthcare utilisation and knowledge concerning prescribed drugs among older peopleJimmie Kristensson
Department of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, P O Box 157, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:1047-54. 2010..healthcare consumption in relation to more versus less knowledge concerning prescribed drugs among older people with functional dependency and repeated healthcare contacts, and to explore the determinants of more versus less knowledge..
- Frail elderly patients' experiences of information on medication. A qualitative studySara Modig
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Family Medicine, Skane University Hospital, Lund University, SE 20502 Malmo, Sweden
BMC Geriatr 12:46. 2012..The aim of the study was to explore frail elderly patients' experiences of receiving information about their medications and their views on how the information should best be given...
- Lack of adherence to hypertension treatment guidelines among GPs in southern Sweden-a case report-based surveyRickard Ekesbo
General Practice Family Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
BMC Fam Pract 13:34. 2012..Our aim was to investigate how GPs in southern Sweden adhere to clinical guidelines for the treatment of hypertension when major cardiovascular risk factors are taken into consideration...
- GP's adherence to guidelines for cardiovascular disease among elderly: a quality development studySara Modig
Division of Family Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Skane University Hospital, Lund University, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:767892. 2012..Evidence-based guidelines should in most cases be followed also in the treatment of elderly. Older people are often suboptimally treated with the recommended drugs...
- The assessment of renal function in relation to the use of drugs in elderly in nursing homes; a cohort studySara Modig
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Center for Primary Health Care Research, Lund University, Sweden
BMC Geriatr 11:1. 2011..The aim of the study was to explore renal function in elderly subjects in nursing homes and the use of pharmaceuticals that may be harmful to patients with renal impairment...
- Case managers for frail older people: a randomised controlled pilot studyJimmie Kristensson
Department of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Scand J Caring Sci 24:755-63. 2010..The aim was also to explore internal consistency in the life satisfaction index Z, activities of daily living-staircase and Geriatric Depression Scale-20...
- A multi-intervention approach on drug therapy can lead to a more appropriate drug use in the elderly. LIMM-Landskrona Integrated Medicines ManagementAnna Bergkvist
Hospital Pharmacy, University Hospital MAS, Malmo, Sweden
J Eval Clin Pract 15:660-7. 2009..To evaluate if an integrated medicines management can lead to a more appropriate drug use in elderly inpatients...
- Frail elderly patients in primary care--their medication knowledge and beliefs about prescribed medicinesSara Modig
Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, General Practice Family Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:151-5. 2009..The aim of this study was to describe elderly patients' knowledge about and attitudes towards their medicines in Swedish primary care...