Affiliation: Lund University
- Associated injuries and not fracture instability predict mortality in pelvic fractures: a prospective study of 100 patientsKarl Lunsjo
Department of Orthopaedics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE Univeristy, Al Ain, UAE
J Trauma 62:687-91. 2007..This is the first prospective study on patients with pelvic fractures aiming at finding whether pelvic fracture type affects mortality...
- Patients with shoulder impingement remain satisfied 6 years after arthroscopic subacromial decompression: a prospective study of 46 patientsKarl Lunsjo
Department of Orthopaedics, Helsingborg Hospital, Sweden
Acta Orthop 82:711-3. 2011..In this prospective study, we determined whether the high degree of patient satisfaction at 6 months postoperatively reported by us earlier remained at the 6-year follow-up...
- Epidemiology of geriatric trauma in United Arab EmiratesShehabeldin H Adam
Trauma Group, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, PO Box 17666, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 47:377-82. 2008..Overall mortality was 6% (7 patients), of whom 5 were pedestrians hit by cars. We concluded that low-energy trauma from falls was the most common cause of injury in the elderly. Mortality was high mainly from pedestrian injuries...
- Multiple-region scapular fractures had more severe chest injury than single-region fractures: a prospective study of 107 blunt trauma patientsAyman M A Tadros
Department of Orthopaedics, Al Ain Hospital, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
J Trauma 63:889-93. 2007..We aimed to study the relationship between the number of fractured scapular regions, and the severity and distribution of associated injuries in blunt trauma patients...
- Factors affecting anatomical region of injury, severity, and mortality for road trauma in a high-income developing country: lessons for preventionHani O Eid
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Injury 40:703-7. 2009..To study the factors affecting anatomical region of injury, severity, and mortality among road users in United Arab Emirates so as to improve preventive measures...
- Causes of delayed diagnosis of scapular fracturesAyman M A Tadros
Department of Orthopaedics, Al Ain Hospital, United Arab Emirates
Injury 39:314-8. 2008..To study the causes of delayed diagnosis of scapular fractures in blunt trauma cases, and to advise on early fracture detection...
- Adhesive intestinal obstruction following blunt abdominal traumaAshraf F Hefny
Department of Surgery, Al Ain Hospital, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Saudi Med J 26:1464-7. 2005..Histopathological findings of the fibrous layer were consistent with repair due to previous trauma and hemorrhage. We review the literature of this rare condition...
- Does colostomy prevent infection in open blunt pelvic fractures? A systematic reviewKarl Lunsjo
Department of Surgery, UAE University, Al Ain, United Arabic Emirates
J Trauma 60:1145-8. 2006..Open pelvic fracture is a rare injury. Our aim in this study is to systematically review the literature to define when diverting colostomy is indicated to protect the patient from infection in open blunt pelvic fractures...