Affiliation: Lund University
- Impaired neurotransmission caused by overexpression of α-synuclein in nigral dopamine neuronsMartin Lundblad
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Lund University, Lund 221 84, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3213-9. 2012..Synaptic dysfunction and axonopathy would thus be the hallmark of presymptomatic and early-stage Parkinson disease, followed by neuronal degeneration and cell loss, characteristic of more advanced stages of the disease...
- TFEB-mediated autophagy rescues midbrain dopamine neurons from α-synuclein toxicityMickael Decressac
Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University, 22184 Lund, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E1817-26. 2013....
- Ratings of L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in the unilateral 6-OHDA lesion model of Parkinson's disease in rats and miceM Angela Cenci
Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Curr Protoc Neurosci . 2007....
- A novel α-synuclein-GFP mouse model displays progressive motor impairment, olfactory dysfunction and accumulation of α-synuclein-GFPChristian Hansen
Neural Plasticity and Repair Unit, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Experimental Medical Science, BMC A10, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Neurobiol Dis 56:145-55. 2013..Therefore, this α-syn-GFP-mouse model can provide a powerful tool that will facilitate the study of α-syn biology and its involvement in PD pathogenesis...
- The "motor complication syndrome" in rats with 6-OHDA lesions treated chronically with L-DOPA: relation to dose and route of administrationHanna S Lindgren
Basal Ganglia Pathophysiology Unit, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, BMC F11, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Behav Brain Res 177:150-9. 2007..Dose-failure episodes were not specific to L-DOPA treatment and could be attributed to erratic drug absorption from the peritoneal route...
- Proteomic analysis of striatal proteins in the rat model of L-DOPA-induced dyskinesiaBarbara Valastro
Basal Ganglia Pathophysiology Unit, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Neurochem 102:1395-409. 2007..In conclusion, this study provides new insights into the protein changes occurring in LID...
- Post- versus presynaptic plasticity in L-DOPA-induced dyskinesiaM Angela Cenci
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Basal Ganglia Pathophysiology Unit, Lund University, BMC F11, S 221 84 Lund, Sweden
J Neurochem 99:381-92. 2006..These investigations may uncover clues to the varying susceptibility to L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia among PD patients, paving the way for tailor-made treatments...
- Highly efficient generation of induced neurons from human fibroblasts that survive transplantation into the adult rat brainMaria Pereira
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center and Lund Stem Cell Center, Lund University, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Sci Rep 4:6330. 2014..Interestingly, the positive effect of small molecule treatment observed in vitro did not result in a higher yield of iNs surviving transplantation. ..
- Generation of regionally specified neural progenitors and functional neurons from human embryonic stem cells under defined conditionsAgnete Kirkeby
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Cell Rep 1:703-14. 2012..VM-patterned but not forebrain-patterned neurons released dopamine and reversed motor deficits in an animal model of Parkinson's disease...
- Role of striatal L-DOPA in the production of dyskinesia in 6-hydroxydopamine lesioned ratsManolo Carta
Department of Exp Medical Science, Basal Ganglia Pathophysiology Unit, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Neurochem 96:1718-27. 2006..Individual differences in the central bioavailability of L-DOPA may provide a clue to the varying susceptibility to dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease...