Affiliation: Lund University
- The effect of patient characteristics on variability in pain and function over two years in early knee osteoarthritisPrzemyslaw T Paradowski
Department of Orthopedics, Lund University, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:59. 2005..The objective of this study was to investigate the influence of age, gender, and body mass index (BMI) on clinically relevant change in pain and function over two years in subjects at high risk for or with knee OA...
- The association between hip fracture and hip osteoarthritis: a case-control studyJonas Franklin
University Hospital, Akureyri, Iceland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:274. 2010..There have been reports both supporting and refuting an inverse relationship between hip fracture and hip osteoarthritis (OA). We explore this relationship using a case-control study design...
- Knee complaints vary with age and gender in the adult population. Population-based reference data for the Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS)Przemyslaw T Paradowski
Department of Orthopedics, Clinical Sciences, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:38. 2006....
- Choosing surgery: patients' preferences within a trial of treatments for anterior cruciate ligament injury. A qualitative studyCarina A Thorstensson
Department of Research and Development, Spenshult Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Oskarström, Sweden
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:100. 2009....
- Variations in the pre-operative status of patients coming to primary hip replacement for osteoarthritis in European orthopaedic centresPaul Dieppe
Nuffield Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Oxford, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Headington, Oxford, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:19. 2009..This paper describes the variations in disease severity in this cohort and the relationships between clinical and radiographic severity, and explores some of the determinants of variation...
- Association between synovial fluid levels of aggrecan ARGS fragments and radiographic progression in knee osteoarthritisStaffan Larsson
Department of Orthopedics, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, BMC C12, Klinikgatan 28, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R230. 2010..We determined whether synovial fluid (SF) levels of ARGS-aggrecan distinguish subjects with progressive radiographic knee osteoarthritis (ROA) from those with stable or no ROA...
- Synovial fluid level of aggrecan ARGS fragments is a more sensitive marker of joint disease than glycosaminoglycan or aggrecan levels: a cross-sectional studyStaffan Larsson
Department of Orthopaedics, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R92. 2009....
- Association between occupation and knee and hip replacement due to osteoarthritis: a case-control studyJonas Franklin
Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital, Eyrarlandsvegi, Akureyri, IS 600, Iceland
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R102. 2010..The objective of this study was to examine the association between occupation and osteoarthritis (OA) leading to total knee (TKR) or hip (THR) joint replacement...
- The long-term consequence of anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus injuries: osteoarthritisL Stefan Lohmander
Department of Orthopaedics, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Am J Sports Med 35:1756-69. 2007....
- Standardized incidence rates of total hip replacement for primary hip osteoarthritis in the 5 Nordic countries: similarities and differencesL Stefan Lohmander
Department of Orthopaedics, Lund University, Sweden
Acta Orthop 77:733-40. 2006....
- Clinical update: treating osteoarthritisL Stefan Lohmander
Department of Orthopaedics, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, SE-22185 Lund, Sweden
Lancet 370:2082-4. 2007
- Markers of altered metabolism in osteoarthritisL Stefan Lohmander
Department of Orthopaedics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Rheumatol Suppl 70:28-35. 2004
- A randomized trial of treatment for acute anterior cruciate ligament tearsRichard B Frobell
Department of Orthopedics, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
N Engl J Med 363:331-42. 2010..The optimal management of a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of the knee is unknown...
- The Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS): from joint injury to osteoarthritisEwa M Roos
Department of Orthopaedics, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:64. 2003..The measure is relatively new and further use of the instrument will add knowledge and suggest areas that need to be further explored and improved...
- The release of crosslinked peptides from type II collagen into human synovial fluid is increased soon after joint injury and in osteoarthritisL Stefan Lohmander
Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 48:3130-9. 2003..To determine concentrations of crosslinked C-telopeptide fragments of type II collagen (CTX-II) in synovial fluid (SF) from patients with joint injury, osteoarthritis (OA), or other knee arthritides...
- The meniscus in knee osteoarthritisMartin Englund
Musculoskeletal Sciences, Department of Orthopedics, Klinikgatan 22, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 35:579-90. 2009..A degenerative meniscal lesion often suggests early-stage knee OA. Surgical resection of nonobstructive degenerate lesions may merely remove evidence of the disorder while the OA and associated symptoms proceed...
- Natural history of radiographic hip osteoarthritis: A retrospective cohort study with 11-28 years of followupJonas Franklin
University Hospital, Akureyri, Iceland
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:689-95. 2011..To evaluate the association between radiographic hip osteoarthritis (OA) and future total hip replacement (THR) due to OA or hip fracture...
- The challenge of recruiting patients with anterior cruciate ligament injury of the knee into a randomized clinical trial comparing surgical and non-surgical treatmentRichard B Frobell
Department of Orthopedics, Clinical Sciences, Lund University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Contemp Clin Trials 28:295-302. 2007....
- Use of the plasma stromelysin (matrix metalloproteinase 3) concentration to predict joint space narrowing in knee osteoarthritisL Stefan Lohmander
Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 52:3160-7. 2005..CONCLUSION: The baseline MMP-3 level was a significant predictor of JSN in this pilot study. Moreover, serial plasma MMP-3 levels reflected concurrent JSN in the placebo group over the 30-month period of observation...
- Can we identify a 'high risk' patient profile to determine who will experience rapid progression of osteoarthritis?L Stefan Lohmander
Department of Orthopaedics, Lund University Hospital, Lund University, SE 22185 Lund, Sweden
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 12:S49-52. 2004..Further evaluation of these variables and their individual and combined influence will be useful to design a risk profile for OA incidence and progression...
- Tissue engineering of cartilage: do we need it, can we do it, is it good and can we prove it?L Stefan Lohmander
Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Lund, SE 22185 Lund, Sweden
Novartis Found Symp 249:2-10; discussion 10-6, 170-4, 239-41. 2003..The relationship between these outcome dimensions is unclear. However, the outcome as judged by the patient using standardized measures is the gold standard...
- OMERACT/OARSI initiative to define states of severity and indication for joint replacement in hip and knee osteoarthritisLaure Gossec
Medicine Faculty, Paris 5 René Descartes University AP HP, Cochin Hospital, Department of Rheumatology B, Paris, France
J Rheumatol 34:1432-5. 2007..quot;..
- Similar group mean scores, but large individual variations, in patient-relevant outcomes over 2 years in meniscectomized subjects with and without radiographic knee osteoarthritisPrzemyslaw T Paradowski
Department of Orthopedics, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:38. 2004..The aim of the study was, thus, to assess the variation in pain and function on group and individual level over 2 years in previously meniscectomized individuals with and without radiographic knee osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Pathogenesis and management of pain in osteoarthritisPaul A Dieppe
MRC Health Services Research Collaboration, Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2PR, UK
Lancet 365:965-73. 2005..Central pain sensitisation can also occur, and psychosocial factors are important determinants of pain severity. We present a stepwise approach to the management of osteoarthritis...
- Hip disability and osteoarthritis outcome score (HOOS)--validity and responsiveness in total hip replacementAnna K Nilsdotter
Department of Orthopedics, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 4:10. 2003..0)...
- Revision and complication rates in 654 Exeter total hip replacements, with a maximum follow-up of 20 yearsJonas Franklin
Department of Orthopedics, Central Hospital, 600 Akureyri, Iceland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 4:6. 2003..Total hip replacements (THR) have been done at FSA Central Hospital in Akureyri, Iceland since 1982 with the Exeter hip implant being in use from the beginning...