Affiliation: Lund University
- Dietary fat intake and early mortality patterns--data from The Malmö Diet and Cancer StudyM Leosdottir
Department of Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital UMAS, Malmo, Sweden
J Intern Med 258:153-65. 2005..We examined whether total fat intake, saturated fat, monounsaturated, or polyunsaturated fat intake are independent risk factors for prospective all-cause, cardiovascular and cancer mortality...
- The use of implantable cardioverter defibrillators in Iceland: a retrospective population based studyMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Malmö University Hospital UMAS, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 6:22. 2006..The aim of this study was to review the overall experience with ICDs in Iceland...
- Age and gender differences in the association between Nt-proBNP and glucometabolic disturbancesMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Scand Cardiovasc J 45:294-300. 2011..Brain natriuretic peptides (BNP) are used for detecting myocardial dysfunction in clinical practice. However, studies on elderly subjects and gender-specific analyses are sparse...
- The association between glucometabolic disturbances, traditional cardiovascular risk factors and self-rated health by age and gender: a cross-sectional analysis within the Malmö Preventive ProjectMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Skane University Hospital, and Heart Health Group Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:118. 2011..Whether this age-related reduction applies to CVD risk factors, and whether it is limited to established diabetes mellitus (DM) or also applies to pre-diabetic conditions are not well known...
- Cardiovascular event risk in relation to dietary fat intake in middle-aged individuals: data from The Malmö Diet and Cancer StudyMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Lund University, University Hospital UMAS, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:701-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine whether total fat, saturated fat, or unsaturated fat intakes are independent risk factors for cardiovascular events in a large population-based cohort...
- Myocardial structure and function by echocardiography in relation to glucometabolic status in elderly subjects from 2 population-based cohorts: a cross-sectional studyMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Am Heart J 159:414-420.e4. 2010....
- Coronary flow velocity reserve reduction is comparable in patients with erectile dysfunction and in patients with impaired fasting glucose or well-regulated diabetes mellitusRasmus Borgquist
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Malmoe University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:258-64. 2007..We evaluated the magnitude of coronary vasodilatory dysfunction in men with erectile dysfunction, as compared with men with impaired glucose metabolism (impaired fasting glucose or diabetes) and healthy controls...
- Relation between human vasopressin 1a gene variance, fat intake, and diabetesSofia Enhörning
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 89:400-6. 2009..Male arginine vasopressin 1a receptor knockout mice (V1aR(-/-)) display a phenotype of low triglycerides and high glucose concentrations and high-fat-diet-induced obesity and diabetes...
- Health-related quality of life of patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators compared with that of pacemaker recipientsMargret Leosdottir
Department of Medicine, Landspitali University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Europace 8:168-74. 2006..These findings are encouraging in view of expanding ICD indications...