Affiliation: Lund University
- Dietary fat intake and early mortality patterns--data from The Malmö Diet and Cancer StudyM Leosdottir
Department of Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital UMAS, Malmo, Sweden
J Intern Med 258:153-65. 2005..We examined whether total fat intake, saturated fat, monounsaturated, or polyunsaturated fat intake are independent risk factors for prospective all-cause, cardiovascular and cancer mortality...
- The use of implantable cardioverter defibrillators in Iceland: a retrospective population based studyMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Malmö University Hospital UMAS, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 6:22. 2006..The aim of this study was to review the overall experience with ICDs in Iceland...
- Age and gender differences in the association between Nt-proBNP and glucometabolic disturbancesMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Scand Cardiovasc J 45:294-300. 2011..Brain natriuretic peptides (BNP) are used for detecting myocardial dysfunction in clinical practice. However, studies on elderly subjects and gender-specific analyses are sparse...
- The association between glucometabolic disturbances, traditional cardiovascular risk factors and self-rated health by age and gender: a cross-sectional analysis within the Malmö Preventive ProjectMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Skane University Hospital, and Heart Health Group Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:118. 2011..Whether this age-related reduction applies to CVD risk factors, and whether it is limited to established diabetes mellitus (DM) or also applies to pre-diabetic conditions are not well known...
- Cardiovascular event risk in relation to dietary fat intake in middle-aged individuals: data from The Malmö Diet and Cancer StudyMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Lund University, University Hospital UMAS, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:701-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine whether total fat, saturated fat, or unsaturated fat intakes are independent risk factors for cardiovascular events in a large population-based cohort...
- Myocardial structure and function by echocardiography in relation to glucometabolic status in elderly subjects from 2 population-based cohorts: a cross-sectional studyMargret Leosdottir
Department of Cardiology, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Am Heart J 159:414-420.e4. 2010....
- Coronary flow velocity reserve reduction is comparable in patients with erectile dysfunction and in patients with impaired fasting glucose or well-regulated diabetes mellitusRasmus Borgquist
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Malmoe University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:258-64. 2007..We evaluated the magnitude of coronary vasodilatory dysfunction in men with erectile dysfunction, as compared with men with impaired glucose metabolism (impaired fasting glucose or diabetes) and healthy controls...
- Relation between human vasopressin 1a gene variance, fat intake, and diabetesSofia Enhörning
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 89:400-6. 2009..Male arginine vasopressin 1a receptor knockout mice (V1aR(-/-)) display a phenotype of low triglycerides and high glucose concentrations and high-fat-diet-induced obesity and diabetes...
- Telomeres and cardiovascular disease risk: an update 2013Peter M Nilsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden Electronic address
Transl Res 162:371-80. 2013..The understanding of cardiovascular aging and telomere biology may open up new avenues for interventions, such as stem cell therapy or agents that could retard this aging process over and beyond conventional risk factor control. ..
- Health-related quality of life of patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators compared with that of pacemaker recipientsMargret Leosdottir
Department of Medicine, Landspitali University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Europace 8:168-74. 2006..However, studies comparing the QoL of ICD patients with that of patients with other implantable cardiac devices are scarce. We hypothesized that ICD patients had a poorer QoL than pacemaker patients...