Affiliation: Lund University
- DNA methylation subgroups in melanoma are associated with proliferative and immunological processesMartin Lauss
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University Hospital, Lund University, Lund, 221 85, Sweden
BMC Med Genomics 8:73. 2015..DNA methylation at CpG dinucleotides is modified in tumorigenesis with potential impact on transcriptional activity...
- Robust assignment of cancer subtypes from expression data using a uni-variate gene expression average as classifierMartin Lauss
Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University and Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
BMC Cancer 10:532. 2010..Here we present a new type of simple algorithm based on ROC analysis and the use of metagenes that we believe will be a good complement to existing algorithms...
- Genome methylation patterns in male breast cancer - Identification of an epitype with hypermethylation of polycomb target genesIda Johansson
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Clinical Sciences, and CREATE Health Strategic Center for Translational Cancer Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Mol Oncol 9:1565-79. 2015..These findings further suggest that MBC is not readily defined using conventional criteria applied to FBC. ..
- Molecular stratification of metastatic melanoma using gene expression profiling: Prediction of survival outcome and benefit from molecular targeted therapyHelena Cirenajwis
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Oncology and Pathology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Oncotarget 6:12297-309. 2015..02). In summary, the melanoma gene expression phenotypes are highly predictive of survival outcome and can further help to discriminate patients responding to targeted therapy. ..
- Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis of lung carcinoma reveals one neuroendocrine and four adenocarcinoma epitypes associated with patient outcomeAnna Karlsson
Division of Oncology and Pathology, Department of Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 20:6127-40. 2014..However, whether clinically relevant subgroups based on DNA methylation patterns exist in lung cancer remains unclear...
- Molecular and genetic diversity in the metastatic process of melanomaKatja Harbst
Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Sweden CREATE Health Strategic Centre for Clinical Cancer Research, Lund University, Sweden
J Pathol 233:39-50. 2014....
- Genomic and transcriptional alterations in lung adenocarcinoma in relation to smoking historyAnna Karlsson
Division of Oncology and Pathology, Department of Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Lund, Sweden CREATE Health Strategic Center for Translational Cancer Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 20:4912-24. 2014..Cigarette smoking is the major pathogenic factor for lung cancer. The precise mechanisms of tobacco-related carcinogenesis and its effect on the genomic and transcriptional landscape in lung cancer are not fully understood...
- Loss of CITED1, an MITF regulator, drives a phenotype switch in vitro and can predict clinical outcome in primary melanoma tumoursJillian Howlin
Division of Oncology Pathology, Lund University Cancer Center Medicon Village, Scheelev gen, Lund, Sweden Cell and Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine Malm, Lund University, Sweden
Peerj 3:e788. 2015..We hypothesize that CITED1 acts a regulator of MITF, functioning to maintain MITF levels in a range compatible with tumourigenesis...
- Genome-Wide DNA Methylation Analysis in Melanoma Reveals the Importance of CpG Methylation in MITF RegulationMartin Lauss
1 Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Oncology and Pathology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden 2 CREATE Health Strategic Center for Translational Cancer Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Invest Dermatol 135:1820-8. 2015..The discovery that the activity of the master regulator of pigmentation, MITF, and its downstream targets may be regulated by hypermethylation has significant implications for understanding the development and evolvement of melanoma. ..
- Gene expression profiling of primary male breast cancers reveals two unique subgroups and identifies N-acetyltransferase-1 (NAT1) as a novel prognostic biomarkerIda Johansson
Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Barngatan 2B, SE 22185 Lund, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res 14:R31. 2012..The aim of the present study was to characterize MBC tumors transcriptionally, to classify them into comprehensive subgroups, and to compare them with female breast cancer (FBC)...
- Molecular profiling reveals low- and high-grade forms of primary melanomaKatja Harbst
Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 18:4026-36. 2012..This raises the possibility that a molecular structure exists even in the early stages of melanoma and that molecular determinants could underlie histophenotype and eventual patient outcome...
- Efficient arsenic metabolism--the AS3MT haplotype is associated with DNA methylation and expression of multiple genes around AS3MTKarin S Engström
Section of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e53732. 2013..This raises the possibility that several genes in this region are important for arsenic metabolism...