Affiliation: Lund University
- Hepatitis B virus X gene 1751 to 1764 mutations: implications for HBeAg status and diseaseK Kidd-Ljunggren
Department of Virology, University of Umea, Sweden
J Gen Virol 78:1469-78. 1997..These observations are considered against a secondary structural model for the 3' end of HBV pregenomic RNA which also predicts enhancement of virus replication after mutation at positions 1762 and 1764...
- Nosocomial transmission of hepatitis B virus infection through multiple-dose vialsK Kidd-Ljunggren
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Hosp Infect 43:57-62. 1999..We believe that multiple-dose vials have no place in modern healthcare and recommend sequence homology analysis as an alternative or additional way to trace a source of HBV infection...
- The hepatitis B virus pregenome: prediction of RNA structure and implications for the emergence of deletionsK Kidd-Ljunggren
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Lund, Sweden
Intervirology 43:154-64. 2000..The loss of such sequences may be mechanistically attributable to polymerase skipping during reverse transcription, and the possible advantages of such deletions are considered...
- Genetic variability in hepatitis B virusesKarin Kidd-Ljunggren
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Lund, SE 221 85, Lund, Sweden
J Gen Virol 83:1267-80. 2002..This review summarizes the knowledge of HBV genotypes with regard to their genetic, structural and clinically significant differences and their origin and evolution in the context of the hepadnaviruses in general...
- Clinical and serological variation between patients infected with different Hepatitis B virus genotypesKarin Kidd-Ljunggren
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medical Microbiology, Dermatology and Infection, Lund University, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
J Clin Microbiol 42:5837-41. 2004..The differences were not age related. Therefore, in this large-scale cross-sectional study, genotype D appears to be associated with more active disease...
- Mutations within the hepatitis B virus genome among chronic hepatitis B patients with hepatocellular carcinomaJonas Bläckberg
Department of Infectious Diseases, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Med Virol 71:18-23. 2003..There were no other mutations found frequently within the region coding for the X protein...
- Human and simian adenoviruses: phylogenetic inferences from analysis of VA RNA genesA H Kidd
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Lund, Sweden
Virology 207:32-45. 1995..The results of this study suggest that a renewed appraisal of VA RNA function in adenoviruses other than Ad2 and Ad5 may be necessary...