Affiliation: Lund University
- High-resolution genomic profiling of an adult Wilms' tumor: evidence for a pathogenesis distinct from corresponding pediatric tumorsJenny Karlsson
Department of Clinical Genetics, BMC B13, University and Regional Laboratories, Lund University, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Virchows Arch 459:547-53. 2011..Our results indicate that adult WT is a biological entity distinct from the corresponding pediatric tumor type...
- SIX1 protein expression selectively identifies blastemal elements in Wilms tumorDaniel Sehic
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University, University and Regional Laboratories, Lund, Sweden
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:62-8. 2012..However, there is currently no molecular marker for blastemal cells, and risk stratification for post-nephrectomy treatment is therefore often based on clinico-histological parameters alone...
- Multidrug-resistant neuroblastoma cells are responsive to arsenic trioxide at both normoxia and hypoxiaJenny Karlsson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Molecular Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, Malm, Sweden
Mol Cancer Ther 4:1128-35. 2005..Together, our results support As(2)O(3) as a potential candidate drug as a complement to conventional treatments for high-risk neuroblastoma patients and perhaps also for patients with other multidrug-resistant solid tumors...
- Arsenic trioxide and neuroblastoma cytotoxicityHelen M Pettersson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Molecular Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, Malmo, Sweden
J Bioenerg Biomembr 39:35-41. 2007..In this report we discuss the background to the use of arsenic trioxide in cancer therapy and the currently known mechanisms by which arsenic trioxide kills human neuroblastoma cells...
- Arsenic trioxide is highly cytotoxic to small cell lung carcinoma cellsHelen M Pettersson
Center for Molecular Pathology, CREATE Health, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, Entrance 78, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Mol Cancer Ther 8:160-70. 2009..In addition to cell death induction, antiangiogenic induction of differentiation may also be part of the in vivo effect of As2O3 on SCLC growth, as suggested by an increase in neuroendocrine markers in cultured cells...
- Deletions of 16q in Wilms tumors localize to blastemal-anaplastic cells and are associated with reduced expression of the IRXB renal tubulogenesis gene clusterLinda Holmquist Mengelbier
Department of Clinical Genetics, University and Regional Laboratories, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Am J Pathol 177:2609-21. 2010..A disturbed balance between tubular differentiation and self-renewal of anaplastic-blastic elements may thus be one mechanism linking 16q deletion to adverse outcome in Wilms tumor...
- Neuroblastoma cells with overexpressed MYCN retain their capacity to undergo neuronal differentiationAnders Edsjö
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Molecular Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital MAS, S 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Lab Invest 84:406-17. 2004....