S M Janciauskiene
Affiliation: Lund University
- Alpha1-antitrypsin, old dog, new tricks. Alpha1-antitrypsin exerts in vitro anti-inflammatory activity in human monocytes by elevating cAMPSabina M Janciauskiene
Department of Clinical Sciences, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, SE 20502 Malmo, Sweden
J Biol Chem 282:8573-82. 2007..These effects were still observed with modified forms of AAT lacking protease inhibitor activity...
- Endotoxin receptor CD14 in PiZ alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency individualsCaroline S Sandstrom
Department of Clinical Sciences, Chronic and Degenerative Disease Research Unit, University Hospital Malmoe, Lund University, S 20502, Malmo, Sweden
Respir Res 9:34. 2008....
- Plasma levels of alpha1-antichymotrypsin and secretory leukocyte proteinase inhibitor in healthy and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) subjects with and without severe alpha1-antitrypsin deficiencyCamilla Hollander
Department of Otolaryngology, Institution of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, University Hospital Malmo, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
BMC Pulm Med 7:1. 2007..We analysed plasma levels of AAT, alpha1-antichymotrypsin (ACT) and secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) in healthy (asymptomatic) and COPD subjects with and without AAT deficiency...
- Antibodies against gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and destruction of enteric neurons in 3 patients suffering from gastrointestinal dysfunctionBodil Ohlsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Gastroenterology Division, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
BMC Gastroenterol 10:48. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the presence of such antibodies in patients with dysmotility not subjected to GnRH treatment and study the anti-GnRH antibody effect on enteric neurons viability in vitro...
- Alterations of matrix metalloproteinases in the healthy elderly with increased risk of prodromal Alzheimer's diseaseErik Stomrud
Clinical Memory Research Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences Malmo, Lund University SUS, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Alzheimers Res Ther 2:20. 2010....
- Alpha1-antitrypsin inhibits the activity of the matriptase catalytic domain in vitroSabina Janciauskiene
Lund University, Department of Clinical Sciences, The Wallenberg Laboratory, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39:631-7. 2008..Since matriptase is involved in a number of physiologic processes, including activation of epithelial sodium channels, our findings offer considerable new insights into new regulatory function of AAT in vivo...
- A link between sICAM-1, ACE and parietal blood flow in the aging brainS M Janciauskiene
Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Neurobiol Aging 30:1504-11. 2009..Our findings provide evidence that elevated CSF sICAM-1 and ACE are associated with lower perfusion levels in the parietal cortex of cognitively intact elderly...
- [Hereditary alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency can cause COPD. Substitution treatment seems to result in fewer infections and prolonged survival]Sabina Janciauskiene
Wallenberglaboratoriet, Universitetssjukhuset MAS, Malmo
Lakartidningen 104:3631-4, 3637-8. 2007
- Plasma and CSF serpins in Alzheimer disease and dementia with Lewy bodiesH M Nielsen
Chronic Inflammatory and Degenerative Disease Research Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Neurology 69:1569-79. 2007..We measured plasma and CSF levels of serpins in controls and patients with dementia...
- Serum and bronchial lavage fluid concentrations of IL-8, SLPI, sCD14 and sICAM-1 in patients with COPD and asthmaCamilla Hollander
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital, 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Respir Med 101:1947-53. 2007....
- alpha1-Antitrypsin regulates CD14 expression and soluble CD14 levels in human monocytes in vitroIzabela M Nita
Department of Clinical Sciences, Wallenberg Laboratory, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, SE 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:1165-76. 2007..These findings provide evidence that AAT is an important regulator of CD14 expression and release in monocytes and suggest that AAT may be involved in LPS neutralization and prevention of over-activation of monocytes in vivo...
- Soluble adhesion molecules and angiotensin-converting enzyme in dementiaHenrietta M Nielsen
Chronic Inflammatory and Degenerative Disease Research Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Neurobiol Dis 26:27-35. 2007..The observed patterns in adhesion molecules may reflect distinctions in the pathophysiological basis of their generation in dementia patients...
- Effects of Alzheimer's peptide and alpha1-antichymotrypsin on astrocyte gene expressionCrystal Baker
Institute of Genetics, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Neurobiol Aging 28:51-61. 2007....