Tord A Hjalt
Affiliation: Lund University
- Compound developmental eye disorders following inactivation of TGFbeta signaling in neural-crest stem cellsLars M Ittner
Research Laboratory for Calcium Metabolism, Orthopedic University Hospital Balgrist, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol 4:11. 2005....
- Novel forms of Paired-like homeodomain transcription factor 2 (PITX2): generation by alternative translation initiation and mRNA splicingPankaj Lamba
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
BMC Mol Biol 9:31. 2008..The proteins derived from these mRNAs contain identical homeodomain and carboxyl termini. Differences in the amino-termini of the proteins may confer functional differences in some contexts...
- Current molecular understanding of Axenfeld-Rieger syndromeTord A Hjalt
Lund University, Department of Experimental Medical Research, BMC B12, Tornavagen 10, SE 22184 Lund, Sweden
Expert Rev Mol Med 7:1-17. 2005..In experimental animal models and in cell culture experiments using PITX2, abundant evidence indicates that a narrow window of expression level of this gene is vital for its correct function...
- PITX2 gain-of-function induced defects in mouse forelimb developmentJohan Holmberg
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Division for Cell and Matrix Biology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
BMC Dev Biol 8:25. 2008..Pitx2 is expressed in the majority of premature presumptive forelimb musculature at embryonic day 12.5 and then maintained throughout embryogenesis to adult skeletal muscle...
- PITX2 gain-of-function in Rieger syndrome eye modelJohan Holmberg
Lund University, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Section for Cell and Developmental Biology, BMC B12, Tornavagen 10, SE 22184 Lund, Sweden
Am J Pathol 165:1633-41. 2004..These findings indicate a novel pathogenetic mechanism in which excess corneal and iridal PITX2A cause glaucoma and anterior defects that closely resemble Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome...
- Differential regulation of gene expression by PITX2 isoformsCarol J Cox
Department of Biological Science, The University of Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104 3189, USA
J Biol Chem 277:25001-10. 2002..PITX2 isoform activities are both promoter- and cell-specific, and our data reveal new mechanisms for PITX2-regulated gene expression...
- PITX2 isoform-specific regulation of atrial natriuretic factor expression: synergism and repression with Nkx2.5Mrudula Ganga
Department of Biological Science, The University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104 3189, USA
J Biol Chem 278:22437-45. 2003..We provide a new mechanism for the regulation of heart development by PITX2 isoforms through the regulation of ANF and PLOD1 gene expression and Nkx2.5 transcriptional activity...
- PITX genes are required for cell survival and Lhx3 activationMichael A Charles
4301 MSRB III, 1500 West Medical Center Drive, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0638, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:1893-903. 2005..Thus, the combined dosage of these PITX family members is vital for pituitary development, and their persistent coexpression in the adult pituitary suggests a continued role in maintenance of pituitary function...
- Pituitary homeobox 2 regulates adrenal4 binding protein/steroidogenic factor-1 gene transcription in the pituitary gonadotrope through interaction with the intronic enhancerYuichi Shima
Division for Sex Differentiation, National Institute for Basic Biology, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Okazaki, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 22:1633-46. 2008....