Affiliation: Lund University
- Assessment of thiopurine methyltransferase and metabolite formation during thiopurine therapy: results from a large Swedish patient populationUlf Hindorf
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Ther Drug Monit 26:673-8. 2004..The results of this study demonstrate the dynamic nature of thiopurine metabolism and its importance for thiopurine dosing...
- Monitoring of long-term thiopurine therapy among adults with inflammatory bowel diseaseU Hindorf
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Blekinge Hospital, Karlskrona, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:1105-12. 2004....
- Pharmacogenetics during standardised initiation of thiopurine treatment in inflammatory bowel diseaseU Hindorf
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, 22185 Lund, Sweden
Gut 55:1423-31. 2006..Firm recommendations about the way thiopurine drugs are introduced and the use of thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and metabolite measurements during treatment in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) are lacking...
- Adverse events leading to modification of therapy in a large cohort of patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseU Hindorf
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:331-42. 2006..Adverse events leading to discontinuation or dose reduction of thiopurine therapy occur in 9-28% of patients with inflammatory bowel disease...
- Mercaptopurine treatment should be considered in azathioprine intolerant patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseU Hindorf
Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 29:654-61. 2009..Some smaller series in this patient population have shown that a switch to mercaptopurine may be successful in many cases of azathioprine intolerance...
- Characterisation and utility of thiopurine methyltransferase and thiopurine metabolite measurements in autoimmune hepatitisUlf Hindorf
Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University Hospital, 22185 Lund, Sweden
J Hepatol 52:106-11. 2010..Our aim was to investigate the utility of thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) as well as thioguanine nucleotide (TGN) and methylthioinosine monophosphate (meTIMP) metabolite measurements with regard to clinical outcome...