Affiliation: Lund University
- Genotyping should be considered the primary choice for pre-treatment evaluation of thiopurine methyltransferase functionUlf Hindorf
Department of Gastroenterology, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Crohns Colitis 6:655-9. 2012..The risk of misclassifying a patient might be dependent on the method used. The aim of this study was to investigate the concordance between TPMT genotyping and phenotyping...
- Mercaptopurine treatment should be considered in azathioprine intolerant patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseU Hindorf
Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 29:654-61. 2009..Some smaller series in this patient population have shown that a switch to mercaptopurine may be successful in many cases of azathioprine intolerance...
- Characterisation and utility of thiopurine methyltransferase and thiopurine metabolite measurements in autoimmune hepatitisUlf Hindorf
Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University Hospital, 22185 Lund, Sweden
J Hepatol 52:106-11. 2010..Our aim was to investigate the utility of thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) as well as thioguanine nucleotide (TGN) and methylthioinosine monophosphate (meTIMP) metabolite measurements with regard to clinical outcome...
- How are thiopurines used and monitored by Swedish gastroenterologists when treating patients with inflammatory bowel disease?Ulf Hindorf
Gastroenterology Clinic, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 46:1215-21. 2011..To perform a survey of thiopurine treatment in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) among Swedish gastroenterologists...
- Adverse events leading to modification of therapy in a large cohort of patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseU Hindorf
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:331-42. 2006..Adverse events leading to discontinuation or dose reduction of thiopurine therapy occur in 9-28% of patients with inflammatory bowel disease...
- Pharmacogenetics during standardised initiation of thiopurine treatment in inflammatory bowel diseaseU Hindorf
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, 22185 Lund, Sweden
Gut 55:1423-31. 2006..Firm recommendations about the way thiopurine drugs are introduced and the use of thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and metabolite measurements during treatment in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) are lacking...