Affiliation: Lund University
- Influence of mode of delivery on neonatal mortality in the second twin, at and before termA Herbst
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
BJOG 115:1512-7. 2008....
- Time between membrane rupture and delivery and septicemia in term neonatesAndreas Herbst
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Sciences, and Thornblad Institute, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Obstet Gynecol 110:612-8. 2007..To investigate how the interval between membrane rupture and delivery affects the risk of neonatal sepsis and whether duration of labor influences the risk...
- Influence of mode of delivery on neonatal mortality and morbidity in spontaneous preterm breech deliveryAndreas Herbst
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Clinical Sciences, University of Lund, Sweden
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 133:25-9. 2007..To study the association between mode of delivery and neonatal outcome in singleton pregnancy with breech presentation and preterm birth, due to premature labour (PTL) and/or preterm premature rupture of the membranes (pPROM)...
- Cardiotocography only versus cardiotocography plus ST analysis of fetal electrocardiogram for intrapartum fetal monitoring: a Swedish randomised controlled trialI Amer-Wahlin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Lund, Lund, Sweden
Lancet 358:534-8. 2001....
- Mode of delivery in breech presentation at term: increased neonatal morbidity with vaginal deliveryA Herbst
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Lund, S 223 85 Lund, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:731-7. 2001..To compare the neonatal outcome in planned vaginal delivery and planned cesarean section in term singleton pregnancies with breech presentation in a Scandinavian clinic with a high rate of vaginal breech delivery...
- Changes in the ST-interval segment of the fetal electrocardiogram in relation to acid-base status at birthM Melin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
BJOG 115:1669-75. 2008..To assess the occurrence of ST-interval segment changes of the fetal electrocardiogram (ECG) and cardiotocographic (CTG) abnormalities preceding acidaemia at birth...
- How often is a low 5-min Apgar score in term newborns due to asphyxia?Linda Hogan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 130:169-75. 2007..To evaluate how often low 5-min Apgar scores (AS(5-min)) at term are associated with asphyxia...
- Brain-specific NSE and S-100 proteins in umbilical blood after normal deliveryI Amer-Wahlin
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Clin Chim Acta 304:57-63. 2001..To determine normal blood levels of brain-specific proteins S-100 and neuron specific enolase (NSE) in healthy newborns and their mothers following uncomplicated birth...
- Intrauterine infection may be a major cause of stillbirth in SwedenE Tolockiene
Department of Pathology, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:511-8. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Thus, a large part of otherwise unexplained stillbirths might be due to ascending infections...
- Implementation of new medical techniques: experience from the Swedish randomized controlled trial on fetal ECG during laborI Amer-Wahlin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 18:93-100. 2005..By a post hoc analysis of the results over time, factors affecting the acceptance of the new technique were analyzed...
- Low 5-minute Apgar score: a population-based register study of 1 million term birthsK Thorngren-Jerneck
Department of Pediatrics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Obstet Gynecol 98:65-70. 2001..9 for epilepsy, and 9.5 for mental retardation. CONCLUSION: Several obstetric risk factors are associated with low 5-minute Apgar score in term infants. Mortality and the risk of severe neurologic morbidity are increased in these infants...
- Relation between umbilical cord blood pH, base deficit, lactate, 5-minute Apgar score and development of hypoxic ischemic encephalopathyNana Wiberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institution of Clinical Sciences, Skane University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:1263-9. 2010....
- Perinatal factors associated with cerebral palsy in children born in SwedenKristina Thorngren-Jerneck
Department of Pediatrics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Obstet Gynecol 108:1499-505. 2006..To identify perinatal factors associated with cerebral palsy (CP)...
- Sonographic characteristics of rectal sensations in healthy femalesAnn Kristin Ornö
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Dis Colon Rectum 50:64-8. 2007..This study was designed to characterize rectal sensations by visualizing the internal and external anal sphincter and intra-anal transport of bolus during elicited rectal sensations...
- Ultrasonographic anatomy of perineal structures during pregnancy and immediately following obstetric injuryA K Ornö
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 32:527-34. 2008..To assess perineal anatomy using ultrasound before and immediately after delivery...
- Lactate concentration in umbilical cord blood is gestational age-dependent: a population-based study of 17 867 newbornsN Wiberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
BJOG 115:704-9. 2008..To study the influence of gestational age on lactate concentration in arterial and venous umbilical cord blood at birth and to define gestational age-specific reference values for lactate in vigorous newborns...
- Fetal electrocardiography in labor and neonatal outcome: data from the Swedish randomized controlled trial on intrapartum fetal monitoringHåkan Norén
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Center, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:183-92. 2003..The purpose of this study was to analyze findings that were related to cases with a complicated/adverse neonatal outcome in the Swedish randomized controlled trial...
- S100 protein in serum as a prognostic marker for cerebral injury in term newborn infants with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathyKristina Thorngren-Jerneck
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, Lund University, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Pediatr Res 55:406-12. 2004..Early determination of serum S100 may reflect the extent of brain damage in infants with HIE after asphyxia...
- Modified Ritgen's maneuver for anal sphincter injury at delivery: a randomized controlled trialEva Rubin Jönsson
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University Hospital, and Helsingborg Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Obstet Gynecol 112:212-7. 2008..To investigate whether Ritgen's maneuver decreases the risk of third- to fourth-degree perineal tears compared with simple perineal support...
- Human meconium contains significant amounts of alkaline sphingomyelinase, neutral ceramidase, and sphingolipid metabolitesRui Dong Duan
Department of Clinical Sciences, Medicine Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Pediatr Res 61:61-6. 2007..In conclusion, Alk-SMase and ceramidase are expressed in the gut of both preterm and term newborn infants and may generate bioactive sphingolipid messengers...
- Significant delay of birth in advanced preterm labour at 23 gestational weeks with an oxytocin antagonistAndreas Herbst
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital, University of Lund, Lund 221 85, Sweden
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 108:109-10. 2003..The delivery was postponed for 12 days. The baby was discharged after 3 months of neonatal care and at 6 months of age is healthy. The prolonged treatment was not associated with maternal or fetal side effects...
- Fetal heart rate patterns and ECG ST segment changes preceding metabolic acidaemia at birthIsis Amer-Wahlin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Lund, S 221 85 Lund, Sweden
BJOG 112:160-5. 2005..To evaluate the inter-observer agreement in interpretation of ST analysis and CTG...
- Eclampsia in Scandinavia: incidence, substandard care, and potentially preventable casesAlice Beathe Andersgaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Sykehuset Innlandet Health Authority, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:929-36. 2006..Description of incidence, clinical signs, symptoms, and consequences of eclampsia in Scandinavia, and assessment of substandard care and potential preventability...
- [A new monitoring method for safer child delivery. Lower number of metabolic acidosis cases with fetal ECG and cardiotocography]Henrik Hagberg
Perinatalmedicinskt centrum, Sahlgrenska akademin, Goteborg
Lakartidningen 101:3875-6, 3878, 3880-1. 2004