Affiliation: Lund University
- Hansson O, Ström K, Güner N, Wierup N, Sundler F, Hoglund P, et al. Inflammatory response in white adipose tissue in the non-obese hormone-sensitive lipase null mouse model. J Proteome Res. 2006;5:1701-10 pubmed..A number of macrophage proteins, i.e., gal-3, Capg, and MCP-4, were expressed at increased levels and immunohistochemical analyses revealed an increased infiltration of F4/80+ cells. ..
- Hansson O, Donsmark M, Ling C, Nevsten P, Danfelter M, Andersen J, et al. Transcriptome and proteome analysis of soleus muscle of hormone-sensitive lipase-null mice. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:2614-23 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that in the absence of HSL, a metabolic switch from reliance on lipid to carbohydrate energy substrates takes place, supporting an important role of HSL in soleus muscle lipid metabolism. ..
- Hansson O, Zhou Y, Renstrom E, Osmark P. Molecular function of TCF7L2: Consequences of TCF7L2 splicing for molecular function and risk for type 2 diabetes. Curr Diab Rep. 2010;10:444-51 pubmed publisher..A clear picture of the molecular mechanism will be necessary to understand how an intronic variation in TCF7L2 can influence islet function. ..
- Zhou Y, Park S, Su J, Bailey K, Ottosson Laakso E, Shcherbina L, et al. TCF7L2 is a master regulator of insulin production and processing. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:6419-31 pubmed publisher..These multiple targets in key pathways may explain why TCF7L2 has emerged as the gene showing one of the strongest associations with T2D. ..
- Zhou Y, Oskolkov N, Shcherbina L, Ratti J, Kock K, Su J, et al. HMGB1 binds to the rs7903146 locus in TCF7L2 in human pancreatic islets. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;430:138-45 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the rs7903146 locus might exert its enhancer function by interacting with HMGB1 in an allele dependent manner. ..