Affiliation: Lund University
- Mesh hernia repair and male infertility: a retrospective register studyMagnus Hallén
Department of Surgery, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Surgery 151:94-8. 2012..In a recent study, we could not find an increased incidence of involuntary childlessness. The aim of this study was to evaluate this issue further...
- Cytogenetic abnormalities in a hemangiopericytoma of the spleenMagnus Hallén
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, SE 221 85, Lund, Sweden
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 136:62-5. 2002..The abnormal karyotype was 47,XX,t(5;22;11)(q31;q11;q13),+10. None of these abnormalities have previously been reported in HP, suggesting that the karyotypic pattern of splenic HP may differ from soft tissue HP...
- Male infertility after mesh hernia repair: A prospective studyMagnus Hallén
Department of Surgery, Clinical Sciences, Lund University and Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Surgery 149:179-84. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of male infertility after bilateral mesh repair...
- Phenotypic heterogeneity in hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer: identical germline mutations associated with variable tumour morphology and immunohistochemical expressionBritta Halvarsson
Department of Pathology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Clin Pathol 60:781-6. 2007..Colorectal cancer in HNPCC is characterised by poor tumour differentiation, an expanding growth pattern, and a pronounced lymphocytic reaction with tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes. Aims and..
- Laparoscopic extraperitoneal inguinal hernia repair versus open mesh repair: long-term follow-up of a randomized controlled trialMagnus Hallén
Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Surgery 143:313-7. 2008..The aim of this study was to compare patient outcome in both groups at a median follow-up of 7.3 years after operation...
- Cytogenetic aberrations and heterogeneity of mutations in repeat-containing genes in a colon carcinoma from a patient with hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancerMaria Planck
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 134:46-54. 2002..Furthermore, the observed intratumoral heterogeneity of mutations in coding repeats implies these changes occur late in tumorigenesis and, thus, probably play a role in tumor progression rather than initiation...
- Hypersensitivity to noradrenaline in human omental vein but not artery isolated from a patient with idiopathic orthostatic hypotensionJoakim Hidestål
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Auton Neurosci 97:55-8. 2002..These results suggest that the patient had developed an isolated hypersensitivity to noradrenaline in the veins, probably due to an impairment of the sympathetic activity...
- Effects of total parenteral nutrition on rat enteric nervous system, intestinal morphology, and motilityMikael Ekelund
Department of Surgery, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Surg Res 124:187-93. 2005..In conclusion, TPN treatment resulted in reduced intestinal circumference leading to condensation of enteric neurons. No marked changes in neurotransmitter expression of the enteric neurons or in motor activity were noted...
- Partial splenic embolization: long-term outcomeBirger Pålsson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Langenbecks Arch Surg 387:421-6. 2003..Partial splenic embolization (PSE) was introduced in the 1980s. We studied the long-term follow-up results of a PSE-treated patient cohort...
- S-100B in serum and urine after traumatic head injury in childrenMagnus Hallén
Department of Surgery, Central Hospital, Karlstad, Sweden
J Trauma 69:284-9. 2010..S-100B, a protein found in glial cells, has previously been shown to be a sensible marker for brain damage after head injury in adults, but few studies have focused on its use in children...