Affiliation: Lund University
- Retrospective study of long-term treatment with sodium picosulfateMariette Bengtsson
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:433-4. 2004
- Psychological well-being and symptoms in women with chronic constipation treated with sodium picosulphateMariette Bengtsson
Malmo University Hospital, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Ing 35, S 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Gastroenterol Nurs 28:3-12. 2005..As the psychological well-being was better for the subjects who used sodium picosulphate, these drugs can be used when patients fail to respond to traditional therapies...
- A course of instruction for women with irritable bowel syndromeMariette Bengtsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, University Hospital Ing 35, S 205 02 Malmo, Lund University, Sweden
Patient Educ Couns 62:118-25. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the effects a course of instruction about irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) might have on symptoms, psychological well-being, and medical care requirements in these patients...
- Women with irritable bowel syndrome and their perception of a good quality of lifeMariette Bengtsson
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Gastroenterol Nurs 30:74-82. 2007..The healthcare model should be focused on the primary care level and should include a longitudinal plan of healthcare that also describes the secondary care level...
- Development and psychometric testing of the Visual Analogue Scale for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (VAS-IBS)Mariette Bengtsson
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Malmo University Hospital, Sweden
BMC Gastroenterol 7:16. 2007..The Visual Analogue Scale for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (VAS-IBS) questionnaire was designed to measure the treatment response of symptoms and well-being in patients suffering from IBS...
- A holistic approach for planning care of patients with irritable bowel syndromeMariette Bengtsson
Department of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Society, Malmo University, Malmo, Sweden
Gastroenterol Nurs 33:98-108. 2010..The initial medical assessments based on the primary care doctors' care of many subjects with IBS symptoms were a noted weak point...
- A prospective evaluation of the diagnostic value of video capsule endoscopy in patients initially classified as irritable bowel syndromeBodil Ohlsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Eur J Intern Med 20:48-52. 2009..This study was performed to see if any earlier, not detectable by other standard methods, mucosal changes could be found in the small intestine in patients diagnosed as having IBS...
- Evaluation of gastrointestinal symptoms in different patient groups using the visual analogue scale for irritable bowel syndrome (VAS-IBS)Mariette Bengtsson
Department of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Society, Malmo University, Sweden
BMC Gastroenterol 11:122. 2011..The aim of the present study was to examine if VAS-IBS could be used to compare the degree of GI complaints in different patient populations, to get an objective marker to differentiate between the patients...