Affiliation: Lund University
- Ansar S, Maddahi A, Edvinsson L. Inhibition of cerebrovascular raf activation attenuates cerebral blood flow and prevents upregulation of contractile receptors after subarachnoid hemorrhage. BMC Neurosci. 2011;12:107 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that raf inhibition may reduce late cerebral ischemia after SAH and provides a realistic time window for therapy. ..
- Wetterling F, Chatzikonstantinou E, Tritschler L, Meairs S, Fatar M, Schad L, et al. Investigating potentially salvageable penumbra tissue in an in vivo model of transient ischemic stroke using sodium, diffusion, and perfusion magnetic resonance imaging. BMC Neurosci. 2016;17:82 pubmed....
- Ansar S, Vikman P, Nielsen M, Edvinsson L. Cerebrovascular ETB, 5-HT1B, and AT1 receptor upregulation correlates with reduction in regional CBF after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H3750-8 pubmed..These changes occur in parallel with a successive decrease in CBF. Thus there is a temporal correlation between the changes in receptor expression and CBF reduction, suggesting a linkage. ..
- Ansar S, Edvinsson L. Subtype activation and interaction of protein kinase C and mitogen-activated protein kinase controlling receptor expression in cerebral arteries and microvessels after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stroke. 2008;39:185-90 pubmed..The results show that specific subtypes of the MAPK and PKC pathways are activated in cerebral arteries after SAH and the PKC and raf inhibitors are able to prevent this activation. ..
- Ansar S, Larsen C, Maddahi A, Edvinsson L. Subarachnoid hemorrhage induces enhanced expression of thromboxane A2 receptors in rat cerebral arteries. Brain Res. 2010;1316:163-72 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that SAH results in CBF reduction and this is associated with the enhanced expression of TP receptors in the SMC of cerebral arteries and microvessels...
- Ansar S, Eftekhari S, Waldsee R, Nilsson E, Nilsson O, Saveland H, et al. MAPK signaling pathway regulates cerebrovascular receptor expression in human cerebral arteries. BMC Neurosci. 2013;14:12 pubmed publisher..The vessels were then examined by using in vitro pharmacological methods and protein immunohistochemistry...
- Grell A, Mostajeran M, Frederiksen S, Edvinsson L, Ansar S. Cerebrovascular Gene Expression in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats After Transient Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion. Neuroscience. 2017;367:219-232 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these genes may be potential targets in future strategies for acute stroke treatments that can be used in patients with and without hypertension...