Affiliation: Lund University
- Prevalences and configurations of mental disorders among institutionalized adolescentsHenrik Anckarsater
Forensic Psychiatric Clinic, Malmo University Hospital, University of Lund, Sweden
Dev Neurorehabil 10:57-65. 2007..To assess prevalence figures for psychiatric disorders among institutionalized adolescents due to behavioural problems and/or delinquency...
- Trajectories leading to autism spectrum disorders are affected by paternal age: findings from two nationally representative twin studiesSebastian Lundström
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:850-6. 2010..is the association between paternal age and autism spectrum disorders (ASD)?; (b) Does paternal age moderate the genetic and environmental etiological factors for ASD? (c) Does paternal age affect normal variation in autistic-like traits?..
- Increased CSF/serum albumin ratio: a recurrent finding in violent offendersH Anckarsater
Longitudinal Clinical Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 112:48-50. 2005..To test the hypothesis that cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)/ serum albumin ratios are increased in violent offenders...
- Clinical neuropsychiatric symptoms in perpetrators of severe crimes against personsHenrik Söderström Anckarsäter
Forensic Psychiatric Clinic, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sege Park 8A, SE 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 59:246-52. 2005..The various facets of psychopathy are associated with executive dysfunction and empathy deficits with superficial understanding of self, others and the rules of communication...
- Central nervous changes in social dysfunction: autism, aggression, and psychopathyHenrik Anckarsater
Institute of Clinical Sciences, Longitudinal Clinical Psychiatry, Lund University, Forensic Psychiatric Clinic, Sege Park 8A, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Brain Res Bull 69:259-65. 2006..Further studies using strict phenotypical definitions or experimental models are clearly warranted to establish a pathophysiological background to destructive personality traits and the propensity to violent acting out...
- The impact of ADHD and autism spectrum disorders on temperament, character, and personality developmentHenrik Anckarsater
Malmo University Hospital, Forensic Psychiatric Clinic, Sege Park 8A, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Am J Psychiatry 163:1239-44. 2006..The authors describe personality development and disorders in relation to symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum disorders...
- The Autism--Tics, AD/HD and other Comorbidities (A-TAC) telephone interview: convergence with the Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL)Sara Lina Hansson Halleröd
Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmo, Lund University, Sege Park 8A, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 64:218-24. 2010....
- Predictive properties of the A-TAC inventory when screening for childhood-onset neurodevelopmental problems in a population-based sampleTomas Larson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmö TL HA, Lund MR, Sweden
BMC Psychiatry 13:233. 2013..Autism-Tics, ADHD, and other Co-morbidities inventory (A-TAC) was developed to meet these requirements; here the A-TAC's prospective and psychometric properties are examined, when used in a population-based, epidemiological setting...
- Life History of Aggression scores are predicted by childhood hyperactivity, conduct disorder, adult substance abuse, and low cooperativeness in adult psychiatric patientsBjörn Hofvander
Forensic Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Sweden
Psychiatry Res 185:280-5. 2011..Autistic traits were inversely correlated with aggression among outpatients, while the opposite pattern was noted in the forensic group. The findings call for assessments of aggression-related behaviours in all psychiatric settings...
- The autism--tics, AD/HD and other comorbidities inventory (A-TAC): further validation of a telephone interview for epidemiological researchTomas Larson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmö Lund, Sweden
BMC Psychiatry 10:1. 2010....
- Autism spectrum disorders in institutionalized subjectsHenrik Anckarsater
The Forensic Psychiatric Clinic, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 62:160-7. 2008..This descriptive study indicates that ASD is a clinically relevant problem among forensic populations that has to be considered in diagnostics, assessments of needs and treatment planning...
- Psychiatric and psychosocial problems in adults with normal-intelligence autism spectrum disordersBjörn Hofvander
Forensic Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
BMC Psychiatry 9:35. 2009..The objective of this paper is to describe the clinical psychiatric presentation and important outcome measures of a large group of normal-intelligence adult patients with ASDs...
- Facets of psychopathy among mentally disordered offenders: clinical comorbidity patterns and prediction of violent and criminal behaviorMärta Wallinius
Forensic Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Sweden
Psychiatry Res 198:279-84. 2012..001.The findings confirm psychopathy as a heterogeneous phenomenon and have clinical implications for assessments of psychopathy and violence risk assessments in clinical and forensic contexts...
- Accountability and psychiatric disorders: how do forensic psychiatric professionals think?Pontus Höglund
Forensic Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Science, Malmo, Lund University, Sweden
Int J Law Psychiatry 32:355-61. 2009..Other factors thought to be relevant were substance abuse, social network, personality traits, social stress, and level of education...
- Eating problems and overlap with ADHD and autism spectrum disorders in a nationwide twin study of 9- and 12-year-old childrenMaria Rastam
Department of Clinical Sciences, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Lund University, Sofiavägen 2D, Lund, Sweden
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:315429. 2013..Genetic effects accounted for 44% of the variation in liability for eating problems. CONCLUSIONS. In the group with eating problems, there was a clear overrepresentation of individuals with ADHD and/or ASD symptoms...
- Autism spectrum disorders and autistic like traits: similar etiology in the extreme end and the normal variationSebastian Lundström
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Sweden
Arch Gen Psychiatry 69:46-52. 2012..Autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) have been suggested to represent the extreme end of a normal distribution of autistic like traits (ALTs). However, the evidence of this notion is inconclusive...
- Platelet monoamine oxidase B activity did not predict destructive personality traits or violent recidivism: a prospective study in male forensic psychiatric examineesChristina Gustavson
Forensic Psychiatry, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Neuropsychobiology 61:87-96. 2010..This prospective study was designed to replicate previous findings of an association between the platelet monoamine oxidase B (MAO-B) activity and factors of relevance for criminal behaviour in a well-documented clinical study population...
- Age at onset of substance abuse: a crucial covariate of psychopathic traits and aggression in adult offendersChristina Gustavson
Institute of Clinical Sciences in Malmö, Lund University, Sweden
Psychiatry Res 153:195-8. 2007..Strong mathematical associations with aggression, psychopathy, and recidivism pointed to age at onset of substance abuse as a marker of possible complications that require preventive social, educational and medical measures...
- Mental health problems in youths committed to juvenile institutions: prevalences and treatment needsOla Stahlberg
Forensic Psychiatry, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 19:893-903. 2010..Adequate treatment strategies need to be designed and implemented to meet the extensive mental health care needs of this vulnerable population...
- Childhood attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder as an extreme of a continuous trait: a quantitative genetic study of 8,500 twin pairsHenrik Larsson
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:73-80. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess genetic links between the extreme and the subthreshold range of ADHD symptoms...
- Persistent regional frontotemporal hypoactivity in violent offenders at follow-upHenrik Anckarsater
Forensic Psychiatric Clinic, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Psychiatry Res 156:87-90. 2007..Although preliminary due to the small sample size, this study suggests that frontotemporal brain hypoactivity is a trait rather than a state in perpetrators of severe violent crimes...
- Continuity of aggressive antisocial behavior from childhood to adulthood: The question of phenotype definitionBjörn Hofvander
Forensic Psychiatry, Lund University, Sweden
Int J Law Psychiatry 32:224-34. 2009....