Affiliation: Lund University
- Management of the exterior branch of the superior laryngeal nerve among thyroid surgeons - Results from a nationwide surveyMartin Almquist
Dept of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, Lund University, Lund, Sweden Electronic address
Int J Surg 20:46-51. 2015..We hypothesised that this management is related to the surgeon's age, gender, the surgeons' annual number of thyroid operations, i.e volume, and surgical specialisation...
- Prediction of permanent hypoparathyroidism after total thyroidectomyM Almquist
Department of Surgery, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
World J Surg 38:2613-20. 2014..Hypoparathyroidism is a common complication with thyroid surgery. The ability to predict a high risk of permanent hypoparathyroidism is important for individual prognosis and follow-up...
- Temporal trends and risk factors for parathyroidectomy in the Swedish dialysis and transplant population - a nationwide, population-based study 1991 - 2009Shahriar Akaberi
Department of Nephrology, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Alwallhuset, Barngatan 2A, Lund 221 85, Sweden
BMC Nephrol 15:75. 2014..Thus, our aim was to investigate the incidence, regional distribution and factors associated with PTX as well as possible temporal changes, in the Swedish RRT population...
- Metabolic risk factors for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma: a prospective study of 580,000 subjects within the Me-Can projectBjorn Lindkvist
Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Cancer 14:103. 2014..However, little is known about the risk of EAC and ESCC related to other metabolic risk factors. We aimed to examine the risk of EAC and ESCC in relation to metabolic risk factors, separately and combined in a prospective cohort study...
- Metabolic factors and risk of thyroid cancer in the Metabolic syndrome and Cancer project (Me-Can)Martin Almquist
Department of Surgery, Skåne University Hospital Lund and Lund University, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Cancer Causes Control 22:743-51. 2011..To investigate metabolic factors and their possible impact on risk of thyroid cancer...
- Changing biochemical presentation of primary hyperparathyroidismMartin Almquist
Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:925-8. 2010..This is important since reports indicate that smaller adenomas are more difficult to detect on preoperative imaging, possibly increasing the risk of surgical failure...
- Serum levels of vitamin D, PTH and calcium and breast cancer risk-a prospective nested case-control studyMartin Almquist
Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Int J Cancer 127:2159-68. 2010..10:1.33-7.22 and p for quartile trend = 0.04), and in women with BMI > 25 (OR for the 4th quartile = 1.94:1.12-3.37 and p for trend < 0.01). There was no association between baseline serum PTH and breast cancer risk...
- Reproductive history, lifestyle factors and season as determinants for serum calcium concentrations in womenMartin Almquist
Department of Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 68:777-85. 2008..Serum calcium concentrations have been associated with the risk of malignant disease, especially breast cancer. Thus, determinants of serum calcium concentrations, with special regard to risk factors of breast cancer, are of great interest...
- Serum calcium and breast cancer risk: results from a prospective cohort study of 7,847 womenMartin Almquist
Department of Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Cancer Causes Control 18:595-602. 2007..Our findings may have implications for primary prevention of breast cancer and for the management of asymptomatic primary hyperparathyroidism...
- Metabolic factors and the risk of pancreatic cancer: a prospective analysis of almost 580,000 men and women in the Metabolic Syndrome and Cancer ProjectDorthe Johansen
Department of Surgery, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2307-17. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the association between factors in metabolic syndrome (MetS; single and combined) and the risk of pancreatic cancer...
- Determinants of serum levels of vitamin D: a study of life-style, menopausal status, dietary intake, serum calcium, and PTHLeila Shirazi
Department of Surgery, Ystad Hospital, Ystad, Sweden
BMC Womens Health 13:33. 2013..The aim of the present study was to identify determinants for serum levels of 25OHD3 in women, i.e. factors such as lifestyle, menopausal status, diet and selected biochemical variables...
- Serum calcium and tumour aggressiveness in breast cancer: a prospective study of 7847 womenMartin Almquist
Department of Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Cancer Prev 18:354-60. 2009..In conclusion, prediagnostic serum calcium levels are positively associated with increased tumour aggressiveness in premenopausal and/or overweight women...
- Vitamin D, PTH, and calcium and the risk of prostate cancer: a prospective nested case-control studyJohan Brändstedt
Department of Urology, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Cancer Causes Control 23:1377-85. 2012..To examine the risk of prostate cancer in relation to pre-diagnostic serum levels of vitamin D (25OHD(2) and 25OHD(3)), PTH, and calcium...
- Vitamin D, PTH, and calcium and tumor aggressiveness in prostate cancer: a prospective nested case-control studyJohan Brändstedt
Department of Urology, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Lund University, 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Cancer Causes Control 27:69-80. 2016..We examined the relationship between pre-diagnostic serum levels of vitamin D, parathyroid hormone (PTH), and calcium and risk of prostate cancer according to tumor aggressiveness...
- Presentation and Outcomes After Surgery for Primary Hyperparathyroidism During an 18-Year PeriodMark Thier
Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, 221 85, Lund, Sweden
World J Surg 40:356-64. 2016..The objective of this study is to analyze whether the trend towards operating on patients with less severe primary hyperparathyroidism (pHPT) than earlier is reflected in a change of preoperative presentation and surgical outcome...
- Serum levels of vitamin D, parathyroid hormone and calcium in relation to survival following breast cancerLinnea Huss
Department of Surgery, Skane University Hospital, Lund University, 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Cancer Causes Control 25:1131-40. 2014..The aim of this study was to examine pre-diagnostic levels of vitamin D (25OHD), PTH and calcium in relation to survival after breast cancer...
- Determinants for malignancy in surgically treated adrenal lesionsLucie Wright
Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Langenbecks Arch Surg 397:217-23. 2012..The aim of this study was to identify risk factors for a malignant diagnosis in patients treated with adrenalectomy...