Genomes and Genes
W W Agace
Affiliation: Lund University
- Functional specialization of gut CD103+ dendritic cells in the regulation of tissue-selective T cell homingBengt Johansson-Lindbom
Immunology Section, Lund University, BMC I 13, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
J Exp Med 202:1063-73. 2005..Collectively, these results demonstrate a unique function for LP-derived CD103+ MLN DCs in the generation of gut-tropic effector T cells...
- Human intestinal lamina propria and intraepithelial lymphocytes express receptors specific for chemokines induced by inflammationW W Agace
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Eur J Immunol 30:819-26. 2000..These results support the view that CXCR3, CCR5 and CCR2 may play an important role in lymphocyte localization within the intestinal mucosa...
- Constitutive expression of stromal derived factor-1 by mucosal epithelia and its role in HIV transmission and propagationW W Agace
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Womens Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02115, USA
Curr Biol 10:325-8. 2000..Moreover, such a mechanism could contribute to the delayed emergence of X4 isolates, which predominantly occurs during the later stages of the HIV infection...
- Mucosal T lymphocyte numbers are selectively reduced in integrin alpha E (CD103)-deficient miceM P Schön
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 162:6641-9. 1999..Integrin alpha E-deficient mice will provide an important tool for studying the role of alpha E beta 7 and of alpha E beta 7-expressing mucosal T lymphocytes in vivo...
- Retinoic acid receptor signaling levels and antigen dose regulate gut homing receptor expression on CD8+ T cellsM Svensson
Section for Immunology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Mucosal Immunol 1:38-48. 2008..These results highlight a complex interplay between antigen dose and DC subset-induced RAR signaling events in the generation of tissue tropic effector T-cell subsets...
- Bile retinoids imprint intestinal CD103+ dendritic cells with the ability to generate gut-tropic T cellsE Jaensson-Gyllenbäck
Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Immunology Section, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Mucosal Immunol 4:438-47. 2011..Taken together, these results suggest a novel and unexpected role for bile in SI-LP CD103(+) DC imprinting...
- Directed antigen targeting in vivo identifies a role for CD103+ dendritic cells in both tolerogenic and immunogenic T-cell responsesM Semmrich
Immunology Section, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Mucosal Immunol 5:150-60. 2012..These findings identify antigen targeting to CD103(+) DCs as a potential strategy to regulate immune responses in nonlymphoid mucosal tissues...
- T-lymphocyte-epithelial-cell interactions: integrin alpha(E)(CD103)beta(7), LEEP-CAM and chemokinesW W Agace
Immunology Section, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Lund University, Sweden
Curr Opin Cell Biol 12:563-8. 2000..Finally, there have been advances in our understanding of the role of skin- or gut-epithelia-derived chemokines in regulating activated T cell homing to these sites...
- A novel role for constitutively expressed epithelial-derived chemokines as antibacterial peptides in the intestinal mucosaK Kotarsky
Immunology Section, Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Mucosal Immunol 3:40-8. 2010..These findings identify a novel role for constitutively expressed, epithelial-derived chemokines as antimicrobial peptides in the intestinal mucosa...
- Role of epithelial interleukin-8 (IL-8) and neutrophil IL-8 receptor A in Escherichia coli-induced transuroepithelial neutrophil migrationG Godaly
Department of Medical Microbiology, Lund University, Sweden
Infect Immun 65:3451-6. 1997..These results demonstrate that IL-8 plays a key role in E. coli- or IL-1alpha-induced transuroepithelial migration and suggest that epithelial cell-produced IL-8 interacts with IL-8RA on the neutrophil surface...
- Differential expression of chemokine receptors on human IgA+ and IgG+ B cellsC Johansson
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology and GUVAX, Göteborg University Vaccine Research Centre, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Exp Immunol 141:279-87. 2005..In contrast, none of the studied chemokine receptors was preferentially expressed by IgA+ cells...
- Lymphocyte CC chemokine receptor 9 and epithelial thymus-expressed chemokine (TECK) expression distinguish the small intestinal immune compartment: Epithelial expression of tissue-specific chemokines as an organizing principle in regional immunityE J Kunkel
Laboratory of Immunology and Vascular Biology, Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Exp Med 192:761-8. 2000..Selective expression of chemokines by differentiated epithelium may represent an important mechanism for targeting and specialization of immune responses...
- Human G protein-coupled receptor GPR-9-6/CC chemokine receptor 9 is selectively expressed on intestinal homing T lymphocytes, mucosal lymphocytes, and thymocytes and is required for thymus-expressed chemokine-mediated chemotaxisB A Zabel
LeukoSite, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
J Exp Med 190:1241-56. 1999..The selective expression of TECK and GPR-9-6 in thymus and small intestine implies a dual role for GPR-9-6/CCR-9, both in T cell development and the mucosal immune response...