- Longterm clinical and immunological effects of anti-CD20 treatment in patients with refractory systemic lupus erythematosusCatharina Lindholm
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Rheumatol 35:826-33. 2008....
- Estradiol ameliorates arthritis and protects against systemic bone loss in Staphylococcus aureus infection in miceInger Gjertsson
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Institute of Medicine, Guldhedsgatan 10A, Gothenburg, S 413 46, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R76. 2012..This study was performed to assess the effect of estradiol treatment on the clinical course and outcome of S. aureus arthritis and on infection-induced bone loss in experimental S. aureus infection...
- Formylated peptides are important virulence factors in Staphylococcus aureus arthritis in miceInger Gjertsson
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
J Infect Dis 205:305-11. 2012..The role of formylated peptides in S. aureus infections has been unknown...
- Periarticular bone loss in antigen-induced arthritisCecilia Engdahl
University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 65:2857-65. 2013..The objectives of this study were to characterize and establish AIA as a model for periarticular bone loss, and to determine the importance of NADPH oxidase 2 (NOX-2)-derived reactive oxygen species (ROS) in periarticular bone loss...
- Interleukin 15 mediates joint destruction in Staphylococcus aureus arthritisLouise Henningsson
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Infect Dis 206:687-96. 2012..aureus-induced joint destruction. This has prompted us to investigate the importance of IL-15 in S. aureus-induced arthritis...
- Interleukin-17A during local and systemic Staphylococcus aureus-induced arthritis in miceLouise Henningsson
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, University of Gothenburg, Box 480, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Infect Immun 78:3783-90. 2010..On the basis of these findings, we suggest that IL-17A is more important in local host defense than in systemic host defense against S. aureus-induced arthritis...
- Inactivation of the Ecs ABC transporter of Staphylococcus aureus attenuates virulence by altering composition and function of bacterial wallIng Marie Jonsson
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 5:e14209. 2010..Inactivation of Bacillus subtilis Ecs causes pleiotropic changes in the bacterial phenotype including inhibition of intramembrane proteolysis. The molecule(s) transported by Ecs is (are) still unknown...
- mgrA regulates staphylococcal virulence important for induction and progression of septic arthritis and sepsisIng Marie Jonsson
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Microbes Infect 10:1229-35. 2008..We conclude that mgrA regulates virulence factors important for establishment and progression of septic arthritis and sepsis...