Pernilla Lif Holgerson
- Oral Microbial Profile Discriminates Breast-fed From Formula-fed InfantsPernilla L Holgerson
Department of Odontology, Cariology, Umeå University Department of Odontology, Microbiology, Umeå University Department of Clinical Sciences, Pediatrics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden Department of Molecular Genetics, Forsyth Institute, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 56:127-36. 2013..The aims of the present study were to compare the oral microbiota in breast-fed and formula-fed infants, and investigate growth inhibition of streptococci by infant-isolated lactobacilli...
- Effect of xylitol-containing chewing gums on interdental plaque-pH in habitual xylitol consumersPernilla Lif Holgerson
Department of Odontology, Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 63:233-8. 2005..The aim was to investigate the effect of high and low amounts of xylitol on the interdental plaque-pH, directly and after sucrose challenge, in schoolchildren with habitual consumption...
- Dental plaque formation and salivary mutans streptococci in schoolchildren after use of xylitol-containing chewing gumPernilla Lif Holgerson
Department of Odontology, Paediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Int J Paediatr Dent 17:79-85. 2007..A second aim was to explore if the possible effects differed between children with and without caries experience...
- Decreased salivary uptake of [14C]-xylitol after a four-week xylitol chewing gum regimenPernilla Lif Holgerson
Department of Odontology, Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Umea University, Sweden
Oral Health Prev Dent 5:313-9. 2007....
- Validation of an age-modified caries risk assessment program (Cariogram) in preschool childrenPernilla Lif Holgerson
Department of Odontology, Faculty of Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 67:106-12. 2009....
- Mode of birth delivery affects oral microbiota in infantsP Lif Holgerson
Department of Odontology, Cariology Section, Umea University, 901 87 Umea, Sweden
J Dent Res 90:1183-8. 2011..In conclusion, our study indicated differences in the oral microbiota in infants due to mode of delivery, with vaginally delivered infants having a higher number of taxa detected by the HOMIM microarray...
- Milk and oral healthIngegerd Johansson
Department of Odontology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Pediatr Program 67:55-66. 2011..Observational studies are promising, but randomized clinical trials are needed to reveal if dairy products could be a complementary treatment for oral health...