- Enriched environment increases neural stem/progenitor cell proliferation and neurogenesis in the subventricular zone of stroke-lesioned adult ratsMila Komitova
Arvid Carlsson Institute, Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Stroke 36:1278-82. 2005..The hypothesis was tested that postischemic environmental enrichment might enhance subventricular zone cell genesis...
- Postischemic exercise attenuates whereas enriched environment has certain enhancing effects on lesion-induced subventricular zone activation in the adult ratMila Komitova
The Arvid Carlsson Institute at the Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Medicinaregatan 11, Box 432, 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 21:2397-405. 2005..It may be concluded that in contrast to enriched environment, exercise during the first postischemic week might be detrimental for regenerative processes initiated in the SVZ after stroke...
- Enriched environment after focal cortical ischemia enhances the generation of astroglia and NG2 positive polydendrocytes in adult rat neocortexMila Komitova
The Arvid Carlsson Institute for Neuroscience at the Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Exp Neurol 199:113-21. 2006..In conclusion, EE enhanced newborn glial scar astroglia and NG2+ polydendrocytes in the postischemic neocortex which might be beneficial for brain repair and poststroke plasticity...
- On neural plasticity, new neurons and the postischemic milieu: an integrated view on experimental rehabilitationMila Komitova
Arvid Carlsson Institute, Division for Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Exp Neurol 199:42-55. 2006....
- Effects of cortical ischemia and postischemic environmental enrichment on hippocampal cell genesis and differentiation in the adult ratMila Komitova
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 22:852-60. 2002..However, postischemic environmental enrichment increased the ipsilateral generation of astrocytes normalizing the astrocyte-to-neuron ratio, which was significantly reduced in rats housed in standard environment postischemically...
- Sox-2 is expressed by neural progenitors and astroglia in the adult rat brainMila Komitova
The Arvid Carlsson Institute at the Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Bla straket 7, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Neurosci Lett 369:24-7. 2004..We conclude that Sox-2 might, in combination with appropriate cell-specific markers, constitute a useful marker to study the in vivo dynamics of the neural progenitor cell compartment also in the adult brain...