Shun Wei Zhu
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Neurotrophin levels and behaviour in BALB/c mice: impact of intermittent exposure to individual housing and wheel runningShun Wei Zhu
Division of Experimental Geriatrics, Department of Neurotec, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm 141 86, Sweden
Behav Brain Res 167:1-8. 2006..Our results also suggest that some changes in neurotrophin levels induced by intermittent individual housing are not similar to those caused by continuous individual housing...
- Influence of differential housing on emotional behaviour and neurotrophin levels in miceShun Wei Zhu
Division of Experimental Geriatric Medicine, Neurotec, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Novum, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Behav Brain Res 169:10-20. 2006....
- Neutralizing antibodies to IL-18 ameliorate experimental autoimmune neuritis by counter-regulation of autoreactive Th1 responses to peripheral myelin antigenShuo Yu
Department of Neurotec, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 61:614-22. 2002..We conclude that endogenous IL-18 plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of autoimmune demyelinating disease of the PNS and that IL-18 antagonists may provide a new therapy for these diseases...
- Gender differences in susceptibility to kainic acid-induced neurodegeneration in aged C57BL/6 miceXing Mei Zhang
Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurotoxicology 29:406-12. 2008..These results denote the disparity of aging and gender in KA-induced hippocampal neurodegeneration and aged female mice are more sensitive to the excitotoxicity...
- Increased susceptibility to experimental autoimmune neuritis after upregulation of the autoreactive T cell response to peripheral myelin antigen in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceShuo Yu
Division of Experimental Geriatrics, Department of Neurotec, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 63:120-8. 2004..These data may aid the development of new and more effective therapeutic strategies for inflammatory and demyelinating diseases such as Guillain-Barré syndrome...
- Influence of environmental manipulation on exploratory behaviour in male BDNF knockout miceShun Wei Zhu
Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, NVS Department, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm 141 86, Sweden
Behav Brain Res 197:339-46. 2009..Here we provide additional evidence that exploratory activity is influenced by BDNF...