Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Regulation of mitochondrial dynamics: convergences and divergences between yeast and vertebratesJian Zhao
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, CCK R8 05, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Mol Life Sci 70:951-76. 2013....
- Human MIEF1 recruits Drp1 to mitochondrial outer membranes and promotes mitochondrial fusion rather than fissionJian Zhao
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
EMBO J 30:2762-78. 2011..As MIEF1 is vertebrate-specific, these data also reveal important differences between yeast and vertebrates in the regulation of mitochondrial dynamics...
- Identification and expression analysis of an N-terminally truncated isoform of human PDGF-CJian Zhao
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, CCK R8 05, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 314:2529-43. 2008..Based on these findings, we suggest that PDGF-Cb might act as a dominant negative molecule regulating the secretion of PDGF-C, and that deregulation of full-length PDGF-C is involved in RCC tumorigenesis...
- Conspicuous accumulation of transcription elongation repressor hrp130/CA150 on the intron-rich Balbiani ring 3 geneXin Sun
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institutet, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Chromosoma 113:244-57. 2004....
- A p50-like Y-box protein with a putative translational role becomes associated with pre-mRNA concomitant with transcriptionTeresa Soop
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Sci 116:1493-503. 2003..Given that the p40/p50 protein, presumably with a role in translation, is loaded onto the primary transcript concomitant with transcription, an early programming of the cytoplasmic fate of mRNA is indicated...
- A novel Ded1-like RNA helicase interacts with the Y-box protein ctYB-1 in nuclear mRNP particles and in polysomesDmitri Nashchekin
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 281:14263-72. 2006..As both Ded1 and YB-1 are known to regulate the initiation of translation, we propose that the RNA helicase-Y-box protein complex affects the efficiency of mRNA translation, presumably by modulating the conformation of the mRNP template...
- The novel conserved mitochondrial inner-membrane protein MTGM regulates mitochondrial morphology and cell proliferationJian Zhao
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, CCK R8 05, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Sci 122:2252-62. 2009..In conclusion, we suggest that MTGM is an integral mitochondrial inner-membrane protein that coordinately regulates mitochondrial morphology and cell proliferation...
- A novel protein localized to the fibrillar compartment of the nucleolus and to the brush border of a secretory cellXin Sun
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Cell Biol 81:125-37. 2002....
- The mRNA export factor Dbp5 is associated with Balbiani ring mRNP from gene to cytoplasmJian Zhao
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
EMBO J 21:1177-87. 2002..Finally, the addition of the export factor Dbp5 to the growing transcript highlights the importance of the co-transcriptional loading process in determining the fate of mRNA...
- TIP30/CC3 expression in breast carcinoma: relation to metastasis, clinicopathologic parameters, and P53 expressionJian Zhao
International Joint Cancer Institute and Eastern Hospital of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Hum Pathol 38:293-8. 2007..In summary, the decrease in expression of TIP30/CC3 is related to metastasis and may represent a new prognosticator in breast carcinoma...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of two novel truncated isoforms of human Na+/Ca2+ exchanger 3, expressed in fetal brainRose Marie Lindgren
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Rudbeck Laboratory, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Gene 348:143-55. 2005..1 seems more efficiently translated. Based on their structural features, NCX3-tN.1 and NCX3-tN.2 proteins are potentially involved in regulation of Na+/Ca2+ homeostasis...
- Development of novel tetravalent anti-CD20 antibodies with potent antitumor activityBohua Li
International Joint Cancer Institute, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Cancer Res 68:2400-8. 2008....
- Cancer immunotherapy using in vitro genetically modified targeted dendritic cellsHuafeng Wei
International Joint Cancer Institute, The Second Military Medical University, and Shanghai Center for Cell Engineering and Antibody, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Cancer Res 68:3854-62. 2008..These results support the concept that genetic modification of DC with tumor-associated antigen-specific CD40 chimeric receptor might be a useful strategy for treatment of human cancers...
- Thirty-kilodalton Tat-interacting protein suppresses tumor metastasis by inhibition of osteopontin transcription in human hepatocellular carcinomaJian Zhao
International Joint Cancer Institute and Eastern Hospital of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Hepatology 48:265-75. 2008..Moreover, expression of TIP30 was inversely associated with OPN expression in HCC tissue samples as detected by immunohistochemistry assay...
- Down-regulation of osteopontin suppresses growth and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma via induction of apoptosisJian Zhao
International Cancer Institute and Eastern Hospital of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Gastroenterology 135:956-68. 2008..The mechanisms by which osteopontin promotes tumor cell survival remain unclear. Here we used short-hairpin RNA-mediated gene silencing to investigate the antitumor effects by osteopontin depletion in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- [Studies on transformation of human esophageal fibroblasts mediated by a retroviral vector containing the E6E7 ORFs of human papillomavirus type 16]Yong Jun Zhang
Department of Oncogenic Virus and HIV, National Institute for Viral Disease and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 100052, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 18:223-6. 2004..To study the etiological role of human papillomavirus type 16 (HPV16) infection in the development of esophageal cancers...
- A novel functional motif of osteopontin for human lymphocyte migration and survivalZhiguo Cao
School of Medicine and School of Pharmacy, Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200025, China
Mol Immunol 45:3683-92. 2008..These results suggest that this novel epitope of OPN may provide a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of T cell-mediated immune diseases...
- Nuclear actin and myosin I are required for RNA polymerase I transcriptionVlada V Philimonenko
Department of Cell Ultrastructure and Molecular Biology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague 14220, Czech Republic
Nat Cell Biol 6:1165-72. 2004..The association with Pol I requires phosphorylation of TIF-IA at Ser 649 by RSK kinase, indicating a role for NMI in the growth-dependent regulation of rRNA synthesis...
- ERK-dependent phosphorylation of the transcription initiation factor TIF-IA is required for RNA polymerase I transcription and cell growthJian Zhao
Division of Molecular Biology of the Cell II, German Cancer Research Center, D 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 11:405-13. 2003..The results provide a link between growth factor signaling, ribosome production, and cell growth, and may have a major impact on the mechanism of cell transformation...
- Expression, purification, and characterization of an immunotoxin containing a humanized anti-CD25 single-chain fragment variable antibody fused to a modified truncated Pseudomonas exotoxin AHuajing Wang
International Joint Cancer Institute, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Protein Expr Purif 58:140-7. 2008..The protein expression, purification, and refolding system established in this paper is important for further study on immunotoxin CD25-PE38KDELKQK...
- Antitumour activity of cationic-liposome-conjugated adenovirus containing the CCL19 [chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 19] geneMei Cao
Key Laboratory of Biological Resource and Ecological Environment of the Ministry of Education, College of Life Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 48:109-16. 2007..The results demonstrated that PEG-PE-cationic-liposome-conjugated adenovirus could prolong the expression of the therapeutic gene in vivo and may enhance the antitumour efficacy...
- Functional analysis of human microtubule-based motor proteins, the kinesins and dyneins, in mitosis/cytokinesis using RNA interferenceChangjun Zhu
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:3187-99. 2005..Using immunofluorescence analysis, time-lapse microscopy, and rescue experiments, we investigate the roles of these 12 kinesins in detail...
- Serum proteomics study of the squamous cell carcinoma antigen 1 in tongue cancerXin Huang
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, Sichuan University, Guoxuexiang 37, Chendu City 610041, PR China
Oral Oncol 42:26-31. 2006..These results indicate that squamous cell carcinoma antigen 1 may be of great potential as the biomarker of tongue cancer and as the potential therapeutic target for gene therapy...
- Transiently expressed short hairpin RNA targeting 126 kDa protein of tobacco mosaic virus interferes with virus infectionMing Min Zhao
College of Plant Protection, Northwest Science and Technology University of Agriculture and Forestry, Yangling 712100, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 38:22-8. 2006..We propose that a combination of the RNAi technique and Agrobacterium-mediated transient expression could be employed as a potent antiviral treatment in plants.nt antiviral treatment in plants...
- TIP30 inhibits growth of HCC cell lines and inhibits HCC xenografts in mice in combination with 5-FUJian Zhao
International Joint Cancer Institute and Eastern Hospital of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Hepatology 44:205-15. 2006..Overexpression of TIP30 might be a promising candidate as a treatment for HCC that would increase sensitivity to chemotherapeutic drugs...
- [Effects of tumor suppressing gene TIP30/CC3 on the growth of tumor cells]Xia Zhang
Nanjing Command, Fuzhou General Hospital, Fuzhou 350025, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 13:38-41. 2005..The growth and cell cycles were studied with the clones stably expressing TIP30/CC3 or anti-TIP30/CC3, and the effects of TIP30/CC3 gene on hepatoma cells were analyzed...
- Treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in a mouse xenograft model with an immunotoxin which is engineered to eliminate vascular leak syndromeHao Wang
International Joint Cancer Institute, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Cancer Immunol Immunother 56:1775-83. 2007..Both wt and mut1 were effective in inhibiting the tumor growth but mut1 showed improved therapeutic efficacy. These studies suggest mut1 may be a novel PE-based immunotoxin with much less toxicity for clinical use...
- Vaccination with a DNA vaccine based on human PSCA and HSP70 adjuvant enhances the antigen-specific CD8+ T-cell response and inhibits the PSCA+ tumors growth in miceXiaopeng Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Pathogens and Biosecurity, Beijing Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, 20 Dongdajie, Fengtai, Beijing 100071, China
J Gene Med 9:715-26. 2007....
- Anticancer activity and quantitative analysis of flavone of Cirsium japonicum DCSujun Liu
Leshan Teacher s College, Leshan, 614004, PR China
Nat Prod Res 21:915-22. 2007..Our research shows that these two flavones greatly inhibit cancer cell growth. The rate of inhibiting S180 mice was 55.77% at 50 mg kg( - 1), and the rate of life lengthening was 99.13% at 50 mg kg( - 1) in H22 mice...
- [Study on the modulation of estrogen receptor isoforms alpha in endometrial carcinoma cells using antisense oligodeoxyribonucleotides]Yan Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 37:155-8. 2005....