Affiliation: Karolinska University Hospital
- The spectrum of genital human papillomavirus infection among men attending a Swedish sexually-transmitted infections clinic: human papillomavirus typing and clinical presentation of histopathologically benign lesionsArne Wikstrom
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Karolinska Hospital and Institute of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 93:223-7. 2013..The HPV type distribution is similar to that in earlier studies, but we also found correlations with some clinical parameters...
- Pre-vaccination incidence of genital warts in 15-23-year-old women and men attending youth clinics in Stockholm, SwedenArne Wikstrom
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 44:678-82. 2012..The present pilot study was designed to examine the incidence of genital warts in the population up to 23 y of age in the county of Stockholm before the start of mass HPV vaccination...
- Penile intraepithelial neoplasia: histopathological evaluation, HPV typing, clinical presentation and treatmentA Wikstrom
Department of Dermatovenereology, Karolinska Hospital and Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 26:325-30. 2012..Genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in male patients can cause great variety of lesions, most of which are benign, but some are categorised as penile intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN)...
- Mycoplasma genitalium: a common cause of persistent urethritis among men treated with doxycyclineA Wikstrom
Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Department of Dermatovenereology, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Sex Transm Infect 82:276-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the importance of Mycoplasma genitalium in this condition and to monitor the effect of treatment with macrolides...
- Occurrence of pharyngeal Chlamydia trachomatis is uncommon in patients with a suspected or confirmed genital infectionArne Wikstrom
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Division of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:78-81. 2010..To evaluate how common pharyngeal Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) is among mainly heterosexual women and men with a confirmed or a highly suspicious genital infection having had recent unprotected active oral sex...
- High occurrence of a new variant of Chlamydia trachomatis escaping diagnostic tests among STI clinic patients in Stockholm, SwedenLena Marions
Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet Karolinska University of Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Sex Transm Dis 35:61-4. 2008..The aim of the study was to find the occurrence and clinical findings of this genetic variant among a high-risk population in Stockholm, Sweden...