Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Development and early experiences of a Swedish psoriatic arthritis registerBjörn Svensson
Spenshult Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Halmstad, Sweden
Scand J Rheumatol 31:221-5. 2002..To present a programme for a psoriatic arthritis (PsA) register (SwePsA) and to report the early experiences of a test period...
- Reumacon (CPH82) showed similar x-ray progression and clinical effects as methotrexate in a two year comparative study on patients with early rheumatoid arthritisBjörn Svensson
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Helsingborg s lasarett, Helsingborg, Sweden
Scand J Rheumatol 32:83-8. 2003..To study x-ray development and clinical effects, tolerability and safety after 2 years treatment of RA patients with Reumacon (CPH82) or methotrexate (MTX)...
- Treatment of early RA in clinical practice: a comparative study of two different DMARD/corticosteroid optionsB Svensson
Section of Rheumatology, Helsingborgs lasarett, Helsingborg, Sweden
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:327-32. 2003..To study the outcome in clinical practice of first DMARD and/or corticosteroid (CS) treatment in patients with recent onset rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Low-dose prednisolone in addition to the initial disease-modifying antirheumatic drug in patients with early active rheumatoid arthritis reduces joint destruction and increases the remission rate: a two-year randomized trialBjörn Svensson
University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 52:3360-70. 2005..To assess the efficacy of low-dose prednisolone on joint damage and disease activity in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Hand bone loss measured by digital X-ray radiogrammetry is a predictor of joint damage in early rheumatoid arthritisK Forslind
Department of Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, Helsingborg Hospital, Sweden
Scand J Rheumatol 38:431-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether loss of bone measured by digital X-ray radiogrammetry (DXR) of hands early in the course of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) may predict future radiographic joint damage after 1 and 2 years...
- Reduced bone mineral density in early rheumatoid arthritis is associated with radiological joint damage at baseline and after 2 years in womenKristina Forslind
Rheumatology Section, Department of Medicine, Helsingborg s lasarett, Helsingborg, Sweden
J Rheumatol 30:2590-6. 2003..We investigated if patients with reduced bone mineral density (BMD) at onset of RA had more radiological damage at onset and after 2 years than patients with normal BMD...
- Low-dose prednisolone in early rheumatoid arthritis inhibits collagen type I degradation by matrix metalloproteinases as assessed by serum 1CTP--a possible mechanism for specific inhibition of radiological destructionInga Lill Engvall
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:733-42. 2013....
- Increased expression of proto-oncogene survivin predicts Joint destruction and persistent disease activity in early rheumatoid arthritisBjörn Svensson
Section of Rheumatology at the Institution of Clinical Science, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Ann Med 42:45-54. 2010..Here we assess the predictive role of the circulating proto-oncogene survivin for clinical and radiological outcome of early RA...
- Chronic widespread pain in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and the relation between pain and disease activity measures over the first 5 yearsMaria L E Andersson
From Research and Development R and D Center, Spenshult Hospital, Oskarström and the Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Rheumatology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Rheumatol 40:1977-85. 2013....
- Low-dose prednisolone treatment of early rheumatoid arthritis and late cardiovascular outcome and survival: 10-year follow-up of a 2-year randomised trialSofia Ajeganova
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet at Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ Open 4:e004259. 2014..To examine the long-term effects of early low-dose prednisolone use in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) on cardiovascular (CV) morbidity and mortality...