Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Mothers with alcoholic liver disease and the risk for preterm and small-for-gestational-age birthKnut Stokkeland
Department of Medicine, Visby Hospital, SE 62184 Visby, Sweden
Alcohol Alcohol 48:166-71. 2013..To study pregnancy outcome in women with alcoholic liver disease (ALD)...
- Increased risks of epilepsy and neuropsychiatric diseases in children of mothers with alcoholic liver diseaseKnut Stokkeland
Department of Medicine, Visby Hospital, Visby, Sweden
Liver Int 33:266-72. 2013..Data on disease frequencies in children born to mothers with alcoholic liver disease do not exist, although we do know that prenatal alcohol exposure may affect the fetus negatively...
- Increased risk of esophageal varices, liver cancer, and death in patients with alcoholic liver diseaseKnut Stokkeland
Department of Medicine, Visby Hospital, SE 622184 Visby, Sweden
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 34:1993-9. 2010....
- Morbidity and mortality in liver diseases in Sweden 1969-2001 in relation to alcohol consumptionKnut Stokkeland
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:459-64. 2006..The aim of the study was to determine the temporal relation between alcohol-related liver disease morbidity and mortality and type of alcohol beverage consumption...
- Improved prognosis for patients hospitalized with esophageal varices in Sweden 1969-2002Knut Stokkeland
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroentrology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Hepatology 43:500-5. 2006..The decrease is seen for both 1- and 5-year mortality, and this suggests that the use of new treatment strategies both for acute variceal hemorrhage and secondary prophylaxis has had an impact on prognosis...
- Different drinking patterns for women and men with alcohol dependence with and without alcoholic cirrhosisKnut Stokkeland
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Alcohol Alcohol 43:39-45. 2008..The aim of our study was to investigate if there were differences in drinking patterns in patients with alcohol dependence (AD), with or without cirrhosis...