Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Shaping genetic alterations in human cancer: the p53 mutation paradigmThierry Soussi
Université P M Curie, 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
Cancer Cell 12:303-12. 2007....
- p53 alterations in human cancer: more questions than answersT Soussi
Department of Life Sciences, Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris, Paris, France
Oncogene 26:2145-56. 2007..Finally, the possible clinical applications of p53 will be discussed...
- Advances in carcinogenesis: a historical perspective from observational studies to tumor genome sequencing and TP53 mutation spectrum analysisThierry Soussi
Karolinska Institute, Dept of Oncology Pathology Cancer Center Karolinska CCK, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1816:199-208. 2011....
- MUT-TP53 2.0: a novel versatile matrix for statistical analysis of TP53 mutations in human cancerThierry Soussi
Karolinska Institute Department of Oncology Pathology Cancer Center Karolinska, Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Mutat 31:1020-5. 2010..Furthermore, using functional and statistical information issued from the UMD p53 database, it allows to assess the biological activity and the likelihood of every p53 mutant...
- When mutant p53 plays hide and seek: a new challenge for diagnosis and therapy?Thierry Soussi
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska CCK, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Trends Mol Med 15:1-4. 2009..In light of these observations, targeting the MDM2-p53 interaction for therapy of human cancer could be more complicated than previously anticipated...
- Rapid and sensitive p53 alteration analysis in biopsies from lung cancer patients using a functional assay and a universal oligonucleotide array: a prospective studyCoralie Fouquet
EA3493, , Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 10:3479-89. 2004....
- Analysis of p53 mutation status in human cancer cell lines: a paradigm for cell line cross-contaminationHanna Berglind
Karolinska Institute, Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska CCK, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Biol Ther 7:699-708. 2008..The p53 web site has been updated with new sections describing the p53 status in the majority of cell lines and a special section devoted to cell lines with controversial p53 status...
- Locus-specific mutation databases: pitfalls and good practice based on the p53 experienceThierry Soussi
Université P M Curie, 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
Nat Rev Cancer 6:83-90. 2006..However, there are several biases in this database that can lead to serious erroneous interpretations. We describe several rules for mutation database management that could benefit the entire scientific community...
- Reassessment of the TP53 mutation database in human disease by data mining with a library of TP53 missense mutationsThierry Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Departement de Pneumologie, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 25:6-17. 2005....
- Meta-analysis of the p53 mutation database for mutant p53 biological activity reveals a methodologic bias in mutation detectionThierry Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, UPMC, Dpt Pneumologie, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 12:62-9. 2006..We were concerned by the inclusion of dubious reports in the p53 databases that could lead to controversial analysis prejudicial to the scientific community...
- Quantitative fish determination of chromosome 3 arm imbalances in lung tumors by automated image cytometryKhuong Truong
, FRE 2584 CNRS-Institut Curie and 2 IMSTAR, Paris, France
Med Sci Monit 10:BR426-32. 2004..The fully automated approach developed in this study rendered such investigations possible...
- Significance of TP53 mutations in human cancer: a critical analysis of mutations at CpG dinucleotidesThierry Soussi
Institut Curie and Université P and M Curie, EA3493, Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 21:192-200. 2003..Overall, these data indicate that great caution is required when analyzing the significance of p53 mutations...
- The TP53 website: an integrative resource centre for the TP53 mutation database and TP53 mutant analysisBernard Leroy
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, 75005 Paris, France
Nucleic Acids Res 41:D962-9. 2013..For several hot spot mutants, multiple gain of function activities are also included. The database can be easily browsed via a graphical user interface...
- TP53 mutations in human cancer: database reassessment and prospects for the next decadeThierry Soussi
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska CCK, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Adv Cancer Res 110:107-39. 2011..We will also discuss how the genetic data will be stored and handled in the future and the consequences for database management...
- ThinPrep-processed fine-needle samples of breast are effective material for RNA- and DNA-based molecular diagnosis: application to p53 mutation analysisPascaline Tisserand
, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Cancer 99:223-32. 2003..In addition, it is feasible to adopt a strategy of storing excess FNS material to create cellular banks that will be invaluable for future gene studies...
- [Immunochemistry and genotype analysis of tumors. Second part: What future for the molecular diagnosis of tumors?]Thierry Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Institut Curie, Universite Pierre and Marie Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Ann Pathol 22:113-20. 2002..Furthermore, the relation between genotype and phenotype is not straightforward and can be influence by various parameters such as the localization of the mutation, the alterations of other genes or the expression of modifier genes...
- Assessing TP53 status in human tumours to evaluate clinical outcomeT Soussi
Institut Curie, Universite P and M Curie, Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Paris, France
Nat Rev Cancer 1:233-40. 2001..What simple steps can be taken to ensure that patients benefit from our understanding of TP53?..
- The p53 tumor suppressor gene: from molecular biology to clinical investigationT Soussi
Institut Curie, Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Paris, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 910:121-37; discussion 137-9. 2000..Several studies have shown that p53 mutations are associated with short survival in colorectal cancer, but the use of p53 as a tumoral marker is still a matter of debate...
- The p53 pathway and human cancerT Soussi
, 26 rue d'Ulm, 75005 Paris, France, and Cancer Centre Karolinska, Karolinska Institute, SE-171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Surg 92:1331-2. 2005
- p53 Antibodies in the sera of patients with various types of cancer: a reviewT Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Cancer Res 60:1777-88. 2000..The finding of p53-Abs in the sera of individuals who are at high risk of cancer, such as exposed workers or heavy smokers, indicates that they have promising potential in the early detection of cancer...
- p53 mutation heterogeneity in cancerT Soussi
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, EA3493 IC UPMC, Hopital Tenon, Dpt Pneumologie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:834-42. 2005..The fact that the apoptotic and antiproliferative functions of p53 can be dissociated in certain mutants also suggests another level of complexity in the relationships between p53 inactivation and neoplasia...
- p53 website and analysis of p53 gene mutations in human cancer: forging a link between epidemiology and carcinogenesisT Soussi
Institut Curie, UMR 218 CNRS, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 15:105-13. 2000..This software includes an optimized structure to assist and secure data entry and to allow the input of various clinical data...
- UMD (Universal mutation database): a generic software to build and analyze locus-specific databasesC Beroud
INSERM U383, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Clinique Maurice Lamy, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 15:86-94. 2000..Four new LSDBs are under construction (VLCAD, MCAD, KIR6, and COL4A5). Finally, the data can be transferred to core databases...
- Molecular genetic analysis of p53 intratumoral heterogeneity in human astrocytic brain tumorsZhi Ping Ren
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:944-54. 2007..Our results are of importance for a further understanding of the molecular mechanisms behind failure to treat glioma patients...
- Change of conformation of the DNA-binding domain of p53 is the only key element for binding of and interference with p73Karim Bensaad
Laboratoire de Génotoxicologie des tumeurs, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 278:10546-55. 2003..These results reinforce the notion that mutant p53 with a conformational change can act as a down-regulator of the p73 pathway in human cancer and could confer a selective advantage to the tumor...
- Focus on the p53 gene and cancer: advances in TP53 mutation researchThierry Soussi
Hum Mutat 21:173-5. 2003
- p53 mutations and resistance to chemotherapy: A stab in the back for p73Thierry Soussi
Cancer Cell 3:303-5. 2003..p73 is essential for apoptosis induced by many cytotoxic agents, but this function can be blocked by a particular category of p53 mutations that have consequently acquired a gain of function...
- The TP53 colorectal cancer international collaborative study on the prognostic and predictive significance of p53 mutation: influence of tumor site, type of mutation, and adjuvant treatmentAntonio Russo
Universita di Palermo, Department of Oncology, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:7518-28. 2005....
- UMD (Universal Mutation Database): 2005 updateChristophe Beroud
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, IURC, Montpellier, France
Hum Mutat 26:184-91. 2005....
- [p53 mutations and resistance to chemotherapy: a stab in the back for p73?]Thierry Soussi
Bull Cancer 90:383-6. 2003..Such discovery will be important for a better understanding of the signaling pathway that lead to resistance to chemotherapy...
- Lack of HIN-1 methylation defines specific breast tumor subtypes including medullary carcinoma of the breast and BRCA1-linked tumorsPascaline Tisserand
Laboratoire de Genotoxicololgie des Tumeurs Paris, France
Cancer Biol Ther 2:559-63. 2003..Medullary carcinoma of the breast should therefore be considered to be a unique entity defined by specific histologic and molecular traits...