K E Smedby
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Epidemiology and etiology of mantle cell lymphoma and other non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypesKarin E Smedby
Unit of Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Semin Cancer Biol 21:293-8. 2011..Large multicenter studies are needed to address these and other factors in risk of MCL with sufficient statistical power in the future...
- Autoimmune disorders and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypes: a pooled analysis within the InterLymph ConsortiumKarin Ekstrom Smedby
Department of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 111:4029-38. 2008..Thus, specific autoimmune disorders are associated with NHL risk beyond the development of rare NHL subtypes in affected organs. The pattern of associations with NHL subtypes may harbor clues to lymphomagenesis...
- Autoimmune and inflammatory disorders and risk of malignant lymphomas--an updateK E Smedby
Department of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intern Med 264:514-27. 2008..Future studies of high-risk patient subsets using detailed assessments of autoimmunity/inflammation and lymphoma may give important clues to lymphomagenesis...
- Brain metastases admissions in Sweden between 1987 and 2006K E Smedby
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet Solna, Stockholm SE 171 76, Sweden
Br J Cancer 101:1919-24. 2009..Brain metastases (BM) constitute the most common intracranial tumours and are associated with considerable morbidity and mortality. Population-based studies of the epidemiology and time trends of BM are scarce...
- Vitamin D receptor genotypes, ultraviolet radiation exposure, and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphomaKarin Ekstrom Smedby
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stock holm, Sweden
Am J Epidemiol 173:48-54. 2011..12). VDR does not appear to harbor major determinants of NHL risk, except perhaps for follicular lymphoma. Possible heterogeneity in effects of UVR exposure on T-cell lymphoma risk by VDR rs731236 genotype merits further investigation...
- Time trends in risk and risk determinants of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in solid organ transplant recipientsP Fernberg
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Transplant 11:2472-82. 2011..5; 95% CI 1.9-38). To conclude, posttransplant NHL risk decreased during the last decade among nonkidney recipients, possibly because of a more careful use of ATG, the introduction of new drugs, or both...
- Malignant lymphomas in coeliac disease: evidence of increased risks for lymphoma types other than enteropathy-type T cell lymphomaK E Smedby
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Box 281, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Gut 54:54-9. 2005..A systematic risk assessment of more prevalent lymphoma entities, such as B cell and non-intestinal lymphomas, in coeliac disease has not been performed...
- Pediatric organ transplantation and risk of premalignant and malignant tumors in SwedenJ F Simard
Department of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Transplant 11:146-51. 2011..Apart from short-term attention toward the potential occurrence of NHL, our results suggest cancer surveillance into adulthood with special attention to skin, kidneys and the female genitalia...
- Incidence and time trends of brain metastases admissions among breast cancer patients in SwedenG Frisk
Department of Medicine Solna, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska Institute Solna, Stockholm 171 76, Sweden
Br J Cancer 106:1850-3. 2012..While treatment for breast cancer has been refined and overall survival has improved, there is concern that the incidence of brain metastases has increased...