K E Smedby
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Epidemiology and etiology of mantle cell lymphoma and other non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypesKarin E Smedby
Unit of Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Semin Cancer Biol 21:293-8. 2011..Large multicenter studies are needed to address these and other factors in risk of MCL with sufficient statistical power in the future...
- Autoimmune disorders and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypes: a pooled analysis within the InterLymph ConsortiumKarin Ekstrom Smedby
Department of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 111:4029-38. 2008..Thus, specific autoimmune disorders are associated with NHL risk beyond the development of rare NHL subtypes in affected organs. The pattern of associations with NHL subtypes may harbor clues to lymphomagenesis...
- Autoimmune and inflammatory disorders and risk of malignant lymphomas--an updateK E Smedby
Department of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intern Med 264:514-27. 2008..Future studies of high-risk patient subsets using detailed assessments of autoimmunity/inflammation and lymphoma may give important clues to lymphomagenesis...
- Brain metastases admissions in Sweden between 1987 and 2006K E Smedby
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet Solna, Stockholm SE 171 76, Sweden
Br J Cancer 101:1919-24. 2009..Brain metastases (BM) constitute the most common intracranial tumours and are associated with considerable morbidity and mortality. Population-based studies of the epidemiology and time trends of BM are scarce...
- Vitamin D receptor genotypes, ultraviolet radiation exposure, and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphomaKarin Ekstrom Smedby
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stock holm, Sweden
Am J Epidemiol 173:48-54. 2011..12). VDR does not appear to harbor major determinants of NHL risk, except perhaps for follicular lymphoma. Possible heterogeneity in effects of UVR exposure on T-cell lymphoma risk by VDR rs731236 genotype merits further investigation...
- Time trends in risk and risk determinants of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in solid organ transplant recipientsP Fernberg
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Transplant 11:2472-82. 2011..5; 95% CI 1.9-38). To conclude, posttransplant NHL risk decreased during the last decade among nonkidney recipients, possibly because of a more careful use of ATG, the introduction of new drugs, or both...
- Malignant lymphomas in coeliac disease: evidence of increased risks for lymphoma types other than enteropathy-type T cell lymphomaK E Smedby
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Box 281, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Gut 54:54-9. 2005..A systematic risk assessment of more prevalent lymphoma entities, such as B cell and non-intestinal lymphomas, in coeliac disease has not been performed...
- Low-dose aspirin use and cancer characteristics: a population-based cohort studyF Jonsson
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Nobels vag 12a, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Cancer 109:1921-5. 2013..Long-term daily use of aspirin has been associated with reduced cancer mortality. To explore this association, we compared tumour TNM characteristics among aspirin users with those among non-users...
- Incidence and time trends of brain metastases admissions among breast cancer patients in SwedenG Frisk
Department of Medicine Solna, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska Institute Solna, Stockholm 171 76, Sweden
Br J Cancer 106:1850-3. 2012..While treatment for breast cancer has been refined and overall survival has improved, there is concern that the incidence of brain metastases has increased...
- Pediatric organ transplantation and risk of premalignant and malignant tumors in SwedenJ F Simard
Department of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Transplant 11:146-51. 2011..Apart from short-term attention toward the potential occurrence of NHL, our results suggest cancer surveillance into adulthood with special attention to skin, kidneys and the female genitalia...
- Ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, and risk of malignant lymphoma: a cohort study based on nationwide prospectively recorded data from SwedenK Hellgren
Karolinska Institutet at Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheumatol 66:1282-90. 2014..This study was undertaken to assess the risk of lymphoma in AS and PsA overall and in relation to therapies, including tumor necrosis factor inhibitor (TNFi), for which lymphoma risks are a concern...