Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Plasma cholesterol-induced lesion networks activated before regression of early, mature, and advanced atherosclerosisJohan L M Björkegren
Cardiovascular Genomics Group, Division of Vascular Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden Cardiovascular Genomics Group, Department of Pathological Anatomy and Forensic Medicine, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia Institute for Genomics and Multi scale Biology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS Genet 10:e1004201. 2014..Identified master regulators and related PCL-responsive TF-regulatory networks will be interesting targets to enhance PCL-mediated regression of mature and advanced atherosclerotic lesions. ..
- ApoB100-LDL acts as a metabolic signal from liver to peripheral fat causing inhibition of lipolysis in adipocytesJosefin Skogsberg
The Computational Medicine Group, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 3:e3771. 2008..Whether there also exists a reciprocal metabolic arm affecting energy metabolism in white adipose tissue is unknown...
- Transcriptional profiling uncovers a network of cholesterol-responsive atherosclerosis target genesJosefin Skogsberg
The Computational Medicine Group, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS Genet 4:e1000036. 2008..This network should be of interest for the development of novel atherosclerosis therapies...
- Multi-organ expression profiling uncovers a gene module in coronary artery disease involving transendothelial migration of leukocytes and LIM domain binding 2: the Stockholm Atherosclerosis Gene Expression (STAGE) studySara Hägg
The Computational Medicine Group, Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS Genet 5:e1000754. 2009..Thus, the A-module appears to be important for atherosclerosis development and, together with LDB2, merits further attention in CAD research...
- Carotid plaque age is a feature of plaque stability inversely related to levels of plasma insulinSara Hägg
The Cardiovascular Genomics Group, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e18248. 2011..We took advantage of the atmospheric (14)C-declination curve (a result of the atomic bomb tests in the 1950s and 1960s) to determine the average biological age of carotid plaques...
- Blood levels of dual-specificity phosphatase-1 independently predict risk for post-operative morbidities causing prolonged hospitalization after coronary artery bypass graftingSara Hägg
The Cardiovascular Genomics Group, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Mol Med 27:851-7. 2011....
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta and cardiovascular diseaseEwa Ehrenborg
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden Electronic address
Atherosclerosis 231:95-106. 2013..Thus, large long term outcome as well as detailed safety and tolerability studies are needed to evaluate whether PPARD agonists could be used to treat CVD in humans. ..
- PPARdelta increases expression of the human apolipoprotein A-II gene in human liver cellsPetra Thulin
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Mol Med 21:819-24. 2008..In conclusion, PPARdelta increases the expression of the human apoA-II gene in liver cells via a PPRE in the proximal promoter...
- MMP-2 and MMP-9 are prominent matrix metalloproteinases during atherosclerosis development in the Ldlr(-/-)Apob(100/100) mouseDick Wågsäter
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Mol Med 28:247-53. 2011..The study suggests that MMP-2 and MMP-9 are the main proteases involved in atherogenesis in this mouse model...
- The low density lipoprotein receptor prevents secretion of dense apoB100-containing lipoproteins from the liverSofia L Larsson
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:831-6. 2004..In addition, these results suggest that very low levels of MTP are insufficient to mediate the second step but sufficient for the first step of VLDL assembly...
- Direct activation of glucose transport in primary human myotubes after activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor deltaDavid Kitz Krämer
Department of Surgical Science, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes 54:1157-63. 2005..Moreover, we provide biological validation of PPARdelta as a potential target for antidiabetic therapy...
- Thematic review series: systems biology approaches to metabolic and cardiovascular disorders. Multi-organ whole-genome measurements and reverse engineering to uncover gene networks underlying complex traitsJesper Tegner
The CoCenter for Molecular Medicine, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Lipid Res 48:267-77. 2007..We also address how gene networks will probably play a key role in the development of early diagnostics and treatments for complex disorders in the coming era of individualized medicine...
- PPARdelta activation induces COX-2 gene expression and cell proliferation in human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsBjorn Glinghammar
King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 308:361-8. 2003..These results may suggest that PPARdelta plays an important role in the development of HCC by modulating expression of COX-2...
- Troglitazone stimulates IGF-binding protein-1 by a PPAR gamma-independent mechanismAgneta Hilding
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet and Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:693-9. 2003..We conclude that the effect of troglitazone on IGFBP-1 production by HepG2 cells is independent of PPAR and may involve PXR...