Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Influence of simvastatin on the thromboxane and prostacyclin pathways, in vitro and in vivoCristine Skogastierna
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 61:1-7. 2013..This may have pathophysiological implications by promoting a prothrombotic state in the blood vessels...
- Beneficial vasoactive endothelial effects of fluvastatin: focus on prostacyclin and nitric oxideCristine Skogastierna
Division of Clinical Pharmacology C1 68, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, 141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Heart Vessels 26:628-36. 2011....
- Regulation and expression of human CYP7B1 in prostate: overexpression of CYP7B1 during progression of prostatic adenocarcinomaMats Olsson
Department of Urology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Prostate 67:1439-46. 2007..We hypothesized that CYP7B1 expression is increased in prostate tumors and that promoter methylation contributes to the regulation of CYP7B1 expression in human prostate tissue...
- Statins inhibit expression of thioredoxin reductase 1 in rat and human liver and reduce tumour developmentCristine Skogastierna
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417:1046-51. 2012..The aim of the present study was to investigate if statin treatment is associated with alterations in the hepatic expression of TrxR...
- Single dose testosterone increases total cholesterol levels and induces the expression of HMG CoA reductaseNina Gårevik
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 7:12. 2012..In this study we investigated whether a single dose of testosterone enanthate affects the cholesterol biosynthesis and the expression of HMGCR...
- Daunorubicin metabolism in leukemic cells isolated from patients with acute myeloid leukemiaAlex Bogason
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Drug Metab Lett 4:228-32. 2010..In vitro studies have shown that cellular metabolism of anthracyclines could play a role in drug resistance. Currently, it is not known what enzyme is responsible for anthracycline metabolism in leukemic cells...