Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- The Ringloc liner compared with the Hexloc liner in total hip arthroplastySköldenberg Olof
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Orthop Rev (Pavia) 1:e16. 2009..The newer Ringloc liner with the ArCom™ polyethylene has superior clinical results but a linear wear rate and frequency of osteolytic lesions that is higher than expected...
- Reduced dislocation rate after hip arthroplasty for femoral neck fractures when changing from posterolateral to anterolateral approachOlof Sköldenberg
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop 81:583-7. 2010..We have therefore started to use the anterolateral approach on these patients and we now report the consequences of this change for the dislocation rate...
- Measurement of migration of a humeral head resurfacing prosthesis using radiostereometry without implant marking: an experimental studyOlof Sköldenberg
Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop 82:193-7. 2011..We therefore used marker-free radiostereometry, developed for metal-backed acetabular cups, on a dummy model to validate the method for a humeral head resurfacing prosthesis...
- A new uncemented hydroxyapatite-coated femoral component for the treatment of femoral neck fractures: two-year radiostereometric and bone densitometric evaluation in 50 hipsO G Sköldenberg
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institute at Danderyd Hospital, S 18288 Stockholm, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:665-77. 2011..The two-year results from this pilot study indicate that this new, uncemented femoral component can be used for elderly patients with osteoporotic fractures of the femoral neck...
- The effect of weekly risedronate on periprosthetic bone resorption following total hip arthroplasty: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialOlof Gustaf Sköldenberg
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Danderyds sjukhus, 18288 Stockholm, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:1857-64. 2011..The aim of this trial was to investigate the effect of a bisphosphonate, risedronate, on femoral periprosthetic bone resorption following total hip arthroplasty in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip...
- Total hip arthroplasty with an uncemented hydroxyapatite-coated tapered titanium stem: results at a minimum of 10 years' follow-up in 104 hipsHenrik Bodén
Division of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institutet at Danderyd Hospital, S 182 88 Danderyd, Stockholm, Sweden
J Orthop Sci 11:175-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the minimum 10-year results of primary total hip arthroplasty using an uncemented, hydroxyapatite-coated tapered stem. Radiological signs of bone remodeling are also presented...
- Porous titanium construct cup compared to porous coated titanium cup in total hip arthroplasty. A randomised controlled trialMats Salemyr
Unit of Orthopaedics, Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, 182 88, Stockholm, Sweden
Int Orthop 39:823-32. 2015..The purpose of this study was to determine if a new titanium cup with increased porosity resulted in different periacetabular bone loss and migration compared to a porous coated cup...
- High risk of early periprosthetic fractures after primary hip arthroplasty in elderly patients using a cemented, tapered, polished stemCyrus Brodén
Department of Orthopedics at Danderyd Hospital and Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital KIDS, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm
Acta Orthop 86:169-74. 2015..We assessed the incidence and characteristics of periprosthetic fractures in a consecutive cohort of elderly patients treated with a cemented, collarless, polished and tapered femoral stem (CPT)...