Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- A functional C-G polymorphism in the CYP7B1 promoter region and its different distribution in Orientals and CaucasiansJ Jakobsson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacogenomics J 4:245-50. 2004..This polymorphism is associated with phenotypic differences in an expression system and a widely different allele frequency in two ethnic populations, with great differences in the incidence of prostate cancer...
- Bioavailability of testosterone enanthate dependent on genetic variation in the phosphodiesterase 7B but not on the uridine 5'-diphospho-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT2B17) geneLena Ekström
Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:325-32. 2011....
- Genetic variation in androgen disposition: implications in clinical medicine including testosterone abuseJenny J Schulze
Karolinska Institutet, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Stockholm, Sweden
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 5:731-44. 2009..Doping with anabolic steroids, such as testosterone, is a severe challenge to the vision, moral and ethics in sports and has also become a significant and increasing problem in society...
- Substantial advantage of a combined Bayesian and genotyping approach in testosterone doping testsJenny Jakobsson Schulze
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet at Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Steroids 74:365-8. 2009..UGT2B17 genotype information is crucial, both to decide which initial cut-off ratio to use for an individual, and for increasing the sensitivity of the Bayesian analysis...
- Genetic aspects of epitestosterone formation and androgen disposition: influence of polymorphisms in CYP17 and UGT2B enzymesJenny Jakobsson Schulze
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet at Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:477-85. 2008..Our objective was to study the genetic aspects of epitestosterone formation, and to elucidate the impact of genetic variation in androgen-metabolizing enzymes...
- Doping test results dependent on genotype of uridine diphospho-glucuronosyl transferase 2B17, the major enzyme for testosterone glucuronidationJenny Jakobsson Schulze
Clinical Pharmacology C1 68, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2500-6. 2008..The large variation in testosterone glucuronide (TG) excretion and its strong association with a deletion polymorphism in the uridine diphospho-glucuronosyl transferase (UGT) 2B17 gene challenge the accuracy of the T/E ratio test...
- The uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 D85Y and 2B17 deletion polymorphisms predict the glucuronidation pattern of androgens and fat mass in menCharlotte Swanson
Center for Bone Research at the Sahlgrenska Academy, Department of Internal Medicine, Goteborg University, SE 41345 Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4878-82. 2007..Previous in vitro studies have demonstrated that the UDP glucuronosyltransferase (UGT)2B15 and UGT2B17 glucuronidate androgens and their metabolites...
- Sex steroid levels and cortical bone size in young men are associated with a uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase 2B7 polymorphism (H268Y)Charlotte Swanson
Center for Bone Research at the Sahlgrenska Academy, Department of Internal Medicine, Gothenburg University, SE 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3697-704. 2007..In vitro studies have indicated that the enzyme uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 2B7 has the capacity to glucuronidate sex steroids and their metabolites...
- A novel polymorphism in the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 5 (aldo-keto reductase 1C3) gene is associated with lower serum testosterone levels in caucasian menJ Jakobsson
1Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacogenomics J 7:282-9. 2007..In conclusion, the Glu77Gly polymorphism is associated with lower testosterone levels in serum...
- SHBG gene promoter polymorphisms in men are associated with serum sex hormone-binding globulin, androgen and androgen metabolite levels, and hip bone mineral densityA L Eriksson
Center for Bone Research at the Sahlgrenska Academy, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Goteborg University, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:5029-37. 2006..Twin studies have demonstrated that genetic factors largely account for interindividual variation in SHBG levels. Glucuronidated androgen metabolites have been proposed as markers of androgenic activity...
- Large differences in testosterone excretion in Korean and Swedish men are strongly associated with a UDP-glucuronosyl transferase 2B17 polymorphismJenny Jakobsson
Clinical Pharmacology, C1 68, Karolinska Institutet at Karolinska University Hospital, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:687-93. 2006..Uridine diphosphoglucuronosyl transferases have a key role in the homeostasis and metabolism of androgens. Recently a deletion polymorphism was detected in the UGT2B17 gene...
- Androgen sulfation in healthy UDP-glucuronosyl transferase 2B17 enzyme-deficient menJenny J Schulze
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology at Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:3440-7. 2011..The variation in testosterone glucuronide excretion is strongly associated with a deletion polymorphism in the uridine diphosphate-glucuronosyltranferase (UGT) 2B17 gene...